The VG Resource

Full Version: BORDERLANDS (huge thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
there's a game called..

[Image: sirenk.gif]BORDERLANDS[Image: sirenk.gif]

WHAT IS BORDERLANDS
[Image: borderlands_box_art.jpg]

Borderlands (2009) is a (2009) Action/RPG/FirstPersonShooter/Adventure
game. It takes place on a sci-fi inspired planet named Pandora. The game comes with splitscreen and online four player co-op, and procedurally generated weaponry. ( holy shit...this gun shoots rockets!!!! )

PLOT
HEY DICKASS.

The planet Pandora was colonized by humans, who were drawn in by seemingly great amounts of mineral resources. The colonists soon find out that the planet's resources weren't as vast as told, but instead they discover alien ruins filled with alien technology. Colonists also discover that there are still some primitive hostile alien life forms on the planet. So, the rich folk escape the horrors of the planet, but the rest remain on the planet. Some colonists seek fortune by hunting alien technology, but most are just struggling for their lives.

Pandora
The planet on which Borderlands takes place.
It's a barren, desolate wasteland filled with horrible creatures that will dismember you for no reason. A 60 hour day and ten earth years just to make one orbit around the sun, it is probably the most hardcore place ever.
Pandora was first sttled by humans during the winter season, when most of the horrible monsters that live on the surface were hibernating. After seven earth years, the climate is heating up as the summer season draws near.
This of course means, all kinds of jawesome and horrifying
creatures waking up.

Characters
[Image: borderlandse3shots.jpg]
Roland, Lilith (THE BEST ONE), Mordecai and Brick.
There are 4 characters in the game. Each has their own skills, backstories and unique abilities. The characters can be leveled up and their stats raised, such as health totals, ammo capacity, and accuracy. Each character also has three unique focus skill trees to develop.

[Image: RolandButton.jpg]
R O L A N D
Soldier. Supports group with ammo and health, is skilled with all weapons. Can deploy a turret.

"Roland is a former soldier of the Crimson Lance,
a sort of highly trained private military that disregards law and order.
A decade-old vendetta is rekindled when Roland learns that the leader of the Brigadiers has a suspiciously similar
name to a man he has sworn to kill."

[Image: sirenk.gif][Image: LilithButton.jpg][Image: sirenk.gif]
L I L I T H

A stealthy-quick-shoot-fast kind of character. She has a skill called phase walk, it's pretty much invisibility, except it kills or stuns people when he comes out of it.

"Once human, Lilith was turned into one of only six Sirens,
a group of people with unbelievable powers who have been touched by alien technology.
She comes to Pandora in search of another Siren,
in an effort to find out more about herself."

[Image: MordecaiButton.jpg]
M O R D E C A I

Sniper and pistols guy. Has a "Bloodwing", which is a bird he can use as an organic boomerang.
It deals tons of damage and has 28 second cooldown by default.

"Mordecai came to Pandora in search of a man from his past named Yujinny. Upon learning that Yujinny has died,
Mordecai sets off to learn how he died and what he was carrying."

[Image: guts-yell.gif]
BRI- whoops, heh, i get these two mixed up.
[Image: BrickButton.jpg]
B R I C K

A bigass dude who can use huge weapons and goes
into a berserk mode to absolutely fuck shit over with his fists.
RIP AND TEAR.
(dude has no backstory, shit sucks)

MONSTERS
[Image: borderlands20e320screen.jpg]
[Image: borderlands200904300542.jpg]

there's a shitton of monsters in Borderlands. to start you get your basic raiders and these bigass dog/rat things
called Skags that are mean as fuck and will
rape you over and over again.
Zombies, Aliens and bigass flying things are also included.

VEHICLES
[Image: borderlandsnewlookaprilw.jpg]
EXACTLY LIKE THIS
Oh fuck does this game have some tasty ass vehicular manslaughter in it.
Even though there's only two different vehicles, the sheer ENJOYMENT of running over a shitton of aliens and raiders while your buddy mows them down with a machine gun is AWESOME

CO-OP
[Image: 52134borderlands04.jpg]
[Image: borderlandse3screenshot.jpg]
HEY BITCH NOBODY FUCKS WITH US
BORDERLANDS has four player jump in jump out co-op, supports split screen and xboxlive/PSNetwork play. You can trade weapons and items between eachother.

TRAILER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOPbx2WPP...r_embedded

okay, so what the FUCK are you doing reading this thread. GET OUT THERE AND BUY THIS RIGHT NOW
[Image: gatsu.jpg]
I SHOULD KILL YOU
Cause I'm waiting on Steam dude, shit would already have been gotten real.
post your talent trreess
It looks really fucking cool, but I'm terrible at FPS, so I'll give it a miss.
I'm gonna play this for the first time today. I suck at FPS in general but was not bad at Mass Effect. So I'll see how I like it today.
Might rent and see how it is with the bros.

I would probably impulse buy it if I didn't need the money for Modern Warfare 2.
I'm not gonna lie.
Judging by the screenshots alone, the game looks incredibly boring and generic and I'm definitely not impressed.

However, everyone says it's amazing and fun and I haven't seen any gameplay videos, sooo.....
if it wasn't for Uncharted 2 and Ratchet and Clank i'd probably snag this for the PS3
i cant spend money for awhile, and i have to get my 360 fixed, but its at no.2 for games i want Now.
(10-25-2009, 10:36 AM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not gonna lie.
Judging by the screenshots alone, the game looks incredibly boring and generic and I'm definitely not impressed.

However, everyone says it's amazing and fun and I haven't seen any gameplay videos, sooo.....

in this thread, vipershark completely overlooks a fantastic game

Cool
OH FUCK IT'S OUT ALREADY?!

Hot damn gotta pick this shit up
(10-25-2009, 08:19 PM)The Question Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2009, 10:36 AM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not gonna lie.

in this thread, vipershark completely overlooks a fantastic game

Cool
oh wait doesn the do that every topic??

i dont think ive ever seen a tpic about anything good where vuper syas he lieks he he just says

"honestyl, imo, i think this looks/is terrible and everyone in here just doesnt knwo a good thing *goes and play ssmrpg*"
what is ssmrpg
"fallout 3 is a great game, borderlands looks like it sucks"

*head explodes from epic fail*
did you not see the part where I specifically said that I hadn't actually seen any ingame footage so I didn't now how it played

and did you also miss the part where I specifically said that JUDGING FROM THE SCREENSHOTS ALONE the game looks boring
Pages: 1 2