The VG Resource

Full Version: Paranormal Activity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What did you think? I liked it. I thought it was pretty freaky. I think that "less-is-more" is the way to go with horror movies. If you see the monster it stops being scary. It reminded me a lot of the Blair Witch Project. The ending was a bit cheesy (smile at the camera, attack it), but overall I thought they did a pretty good job. Definitely unnerving.
did you miss the thread i posted in GD about this movie
(10-24-2009, 12:11 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]It reminded me a lot of the Blair Witch Project. The ending was a bit cheesy (smile at the camera, attack it), but overall I thought they did a pretty good job.

the ending not shown in theaters is way better (stare at camera, slit throat)
i liked the ending IN theatres (gets bored, leaves)
anybody who finds scary movies scary is a pussy.
people at my school are all abuzz and saying "some dude crapped his pants!!!yay!"
this movie looks like complete shit and is an great example of how hackneyed today's horror films are.
(10-26-2009, 05:29 PM)Children_of_Decadence Wrote: [ -> ]people at my school are all abuzz and saying "some dude crapped his pants!!!yay!"
this movie looks like complete shit and is an great example of how hackneyed today's horror films are.

it was made on a 15k budget if i remember correctly.; at least its not Goretron 9 and actually attempts to be eerie and scary instead og just shock-inducing

think before you speak child
to clear some air, this is an indie film made on extremely low budget. the fact that is is playing nation wide in theatres and makeing fat bank alone makes it a good movie, regardless of content. i have not seen the movie, and probably wont, but if your thinking to yourself "hurr dee hurr i could do better than this"; no, you couldnt. i doubt anyone on the face of the planet could right now, if in the exact situation as the film is right now.

so haters shut the fuck up damn
it's good considering the budget, but i just watched it and the only really *scary* part was when she got dragged down the hall
and i guess when they were watching the chick chew her own arm off during the failed exorcism

but yeah
it really wasnt that good
im p.sure we're allowed to say its bad even if we cant make a better movie ourself, that's how these things work
im allowed to say BMTH sucks even though i cant make music
im allowed to say art sucks even though i cant make art
im allowed to say food sucks even if i cant cook that good

etc
i didnt say that i said "if your thinking that"