The VG Resource

Full Version: hey you guys you know what i miss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when 1up and a few others of us played latale online

they've updated plenty and i just found out i have a load of astros

can we play this game again????
latale is the mmo with gaia online sprites?
NO THANK YOU
or we could go waaaay back and time and play runescape Cool
(10-24-2009, 10:22 AM)Aeris Suzumiya Wrote: [ -> ]latale is the mmo with gaia online sprites?
NO THANK YOU

no it was just kinda cute. decent at best, kicked maplestory's ass yeah
controls were kind of annoying
no uh

i was reading up on it to see if it actually got any better
the only admin/gm that spoke fluent english just quit last week

he was also the only gm/admin that was actually helpful
here's his post explaining everything
Quote:Hello Everyone!

I promised myself and the people I worked with that I wouldn’t do this, but it’s now 4AM and this the 2nd week in a row I’ve been waking up with this running through my thoughts over and over. I want you all to understand that what I’m about to post is my personal thoughts and feelings. I gave you all a lot and in return you all gave me 10x more, and you deserve more than for me to just poof without a word.

I’m not posting this on OGP’s forum because that would be extremely unprofessional. I’m not posting this as an OGP staff member either as this is me, not LaughingMan who is posting. (LaughingMan is the name I came up with exclusively for being a GM and will never use it again.)

As some of you may have noticed I’m not around. Support202 aka [GM]LaughingMan of OGP’s Latale/Lost Saga is gone for good and it’s not something that can be changed or should be. I’m deeply sorry that I had to screw things up and leave you all, but it’s the best thing for me.

Some of you may know that I am doing a double degree (Business/Philosophy) and I’ve been working more than full time. This lifestyle has taken its toll on me. My marks have been falling and my health has been as well. I used to go to the gym 5 days a week but for the last year I’ve skipped it completely.

Although video game development is an extremely fun and rewarding career, I feel that it may not be for me. I had a lot of fun with you all but at the same time I was obsessive and irresponsible. OGP gave me dozens of chances to do well and I still went ahead and did many more silly unnecessary things. I’ve always excelled at any job I worked at, but with Latale I excelled at only 1 aspect; keeping the community going. While the community is important I know with a bit more thought I could have kept the community going without being irresponsible.

On the surface I loved that you guys worshiped LaughingMan but deep down I hated it because I knew I didn’t deserve it. Even if I wasn’t going to be leaving I was already feeling a tad bitter towards the job mainly because I couldn’t help but do silly things. I could have been a Community Manager and affected much greater change, but instead I screwed up non-stop until I made what I was doing worthless.

At this point you may be thinking that I’m referring to all those times I was in game announcing or telling you guys stuff… No, I’m not. Those moves were calculated to seem like they were the acts of a rebel GM but were in fact mostly approved of or really not that big of a deal. What I’m talking about is mostly internal stuff.

I have huge respect for the Project Manager of Latale; he has a huge heart and backed me up and gave me so much room and ability. Without him I would have been nothing; LaughingMan wouldn’t even have existed.

The Community Manager, support207, has to have been as close to what I should have been had I acted responsibly. I have huge respect for him too. He once spent 14 days straight working on stuff he wasn’t even getting paid to do. In a day he cares more about you guys then I could have in the year I worked for OGP.

The Lead GM, support201 was the most logical and rational person of all of us. As much as I hate to admit it he was a much better GM then I, and a much better person. Although younger than me and less experienced he was able to show me what I should be doing without saying a thing. That was a first that I’ll never forget.

Support204 always argued with everything I tried to do and it was always annoying because he was always right. I thought I was wise, that guy’s otherworldly.

Support206 cared a lot and gave a lot and as an Associate producer he will drive Latale to new heights I would have never achieved. It’s not your fault dude; I’m just a big baka!

Support209, good luck with PvP and gods speed.

Support208, I wouldn’t be surprised if you sat on the board of directors within a year. You were a nobody and then a main office figure in 10 mins. I was shocked and surprised at the speed with which you climbed. I wish the best for you.

Now to the players just a bit of truth to tarnish the LaughingMan image that I unintentionally built up:

I was:
- Infinitive
- Lister
- Pureforge
- Batou
- Xeno (Yes I had Lv40 Armor Crafting with both maxed Dura and Opt.)
- Touzen
- Tankin
- Pureblue (On the forums)
- RusselPeters

I was in Pulse. I ran Loafers. I was in vidolls guild. I was in Nintendo (as Batou). I sold dozens of cut price cases and such to try and drive the market down before selling 50 Mining Lv2 books to try and drive the price of that down. I was almost fired for that and rightfully so, as many players quit due my choices.

I was on Ignate for all of the times you guys were hounding him. I was never on Iris, so if you fell in love with the person playing Iris they are still working for OGP.

Couple of shout outs to players who made me smile or taught me lessons I won’t soon forget (In No Order):

- Mihe (Tough person, but kept my secret about being a GM)
- Wizard (The very first person to know I was a GM before I was even a GM)
- Raven (Rude, evil imo but taught me much)
- Lambsii (I wish I lived in Texas)
- Tuffguy (Angry, Rude, needy, but right most of the time.)
- Peteykinz (God don’t get me started)
- Soon (Hi, my name is Dan. I hear we have the same name!)
- Begin (You should give Latale a Break dood. You work too hard!)
- Kumacakes (You spend too much Kuma! But you did great stuffs)
- Amimaru (I am the real me! No really!)
- LovableLuis (You’re a funny guy. All the best!)
- Jyun (Most Friendly person ever)
- XeroDragon (GM Radar person. How did you find us!?)
- Demisoul (If you’re a dood I’m gay)
- Whackoasianjoe (Too Bad I never got to fight you in RF for real)
- Venus, Vidoll, SerenityLove, Tarobi, Simplicit, Ymerej, Awaken, Asianbabyx, Enyruu, Ubb14, Narco… Damn! Who did I forget?

Ok, that’s all the people I can think of off the top of my head, I know I’ve forgotten some of you and I’m sorry if I did.

I won’t be moving to a new game or playing any of my OGP accounts. I’m actually going to be a bartender in downtown Vancouver so if you get served a drink one day it may be me! But you won’t know… =O

My name is Dan Denning IRL. I’m Lister on Boulderfist in WoW and I’m an admins on Edward Cullen although if you’re not into paranormal I wouldn’t bother going there. If you want to see a IRL picture of LaughingMan you can do so but this myspace is out of date by about 4 years and I won’t be using it or updating it. MySpace - Dan - 25 - Male - New Westminster, CA - myspace.com/lostinbravado

I’m sorry that I have to leave you all but I assure you that the people currently working on Latale are better then I. They may be less entertaining but they will be working hard to help you all out. I say that even though I’m not being paid or working for OGP any longer. You are all in good hands and me not being there shouldn’t affect you. If it does that just proves how bad of a GM I really was. Play Latale for Latale, not for LaughingMan.

Thank you all and I’m deeply sorry for what I did and for leaving.
thats a lot sadder if you listen to moonlight sonata while reading it
he made another comment
i laughed at it
Quote:Oh 1 last note just to toss in something that I couldn’t as a GM. Aeria games underhandedly marketed its version of Latale to you guys on our forums and through email a bunch of times using probably illegal tactics. They scooped the contract in such a way that they were able to manipulate Actoz and they are a bunch of underhanded unethical irresponsible greedy pricks. Gaming companies compete with each other while cooperating with each others: Aeria does not. If they run their game the same way they introduced it on a professional level I would worry.
...what lol
(10-24-2009, 11:16 AM)Thermic Wrote: [ -> ]thats a lot sadder if you listen to moonlight sonata while reading it

moonlight sonata owns
i browsed tsr listening to moonlight sonata once
it was so dramatic i cried when i saw a jesus lizard post