The VG Resource

Full Version: Doing it Chrono Trigger style!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all. Wow my first post at Spriters Resource. I would've joined years back but my spriting years ago was terrible. You'd all be banning me because of terrible spriting skills LOL. Anyway, Im Tetiro. Most other forums know me because of my RPG game
Chronicles of Orenna : The Crystal Blade.
But enough about that!

Now we all know Chrono Trigger graphics are too awesome! So being bored 1 afternoon I decided to try and sprite it Chrono style! Attached in the topic is my sprite sheet so far.

I would really appreciate C+C on this. As Im wanting to make the jump between simple yet pretty graphics to realistic graphics. Sadly at this moment in time, ALL GRAPHICS AREN'T FOR USE. After Im done however they will be posted into the completed section where they can be used. I hope.
Reasons why not complete
Some of the sprites aren't from games.
One of them is a really simple edit

[Image: ChronoPractice.png]

What I've sprited in the sheet
Going from left to right and from top to bottom.
Me - That's myself. Handsome aren't I? Tongue
Tetiro - My game's character. Simple design. He gets more detailed later.
Sora - From Kingdom Hearts 1. Love that game! Best action RPG
Chrono - Slightly edited. Very tiny edits
Me in Sims 2 - Okay I cheated. I just put the Sims 2 crystal above my head. Im lazy Wink
Wikus - From District 9. Best film of 2009. Not suited for children. At all...
Me again - Im starting another sprite. I use me as a template.

What to expect next
Cloud-Final Fantasy 7
Link-Legend of Zelda
Master Chief-Halo
Mario-Super Mario

To admin+mod - PM me if there is something wrong with the topic. I'd hate for there to be a problem with my first topic here.
not in style
at all

the face is the only similar feature in any of them but those 5 or 6 pixels dont count
Could you explain where I have gone wrong?
i could but uh

really just studying the style more would be an easier way to figure the style out
i've never worked with it so i don't really know how to fix it, although you seem to be using way too many shades for sprites so small
(10-23-2009, 07:23 PM)a vagina like elephant ears Wrote: [ -> ]i could but uh

really just studying the style more would be an easier way to figure the style out
i've never worked with it so i don't really know how to fix it, although you seem to be using way too many shades for sprites so small

Really? Too many shades? How many should I be using maximum on a sprite of this size?
i think most snes games have a limit of 7+transparency(?)
7 colours? Are you serious? That low?
Actually I have a better question. What are the spriting rules for Chrono Trigger style?
Idk why don't you study the style and find out because everybody here is not an expert on the style
I did study the style that's the problem. But I can't see any difference from what I've done and what they've done.