The VG Resource

Full Version: Tac's Showcase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hai

I am tacidus, a spriter/artist from SJ and just discovered this forum.
I've been spriting since january this year and i'd like to show you my progress and stuff ;-;

It all started when a friend of mine, Martin Prower recoloured a sheet of my main character Blurby(A blue puffball)[Image: 74d5b55b2580.png]
(hide Blurby Added later on)

My spriting 'career' started with skip, a robot plane.(recolour)
[Image: 0f45933a2687.png]

I quickly went over to the edit side with inazuma. a hedgehog with long long hair
[Image: 4d5c168d2093.png]

a small sheet of Inazuma
[Image: 2540a62a3089.png]

I also started doing some edits with pokemon and Blurby
Sandslash
[Image: d3ae6a3b1855.png]
Poliwhirl
[Image: a9050126503.png]
Volbeat
[Image: 7fc333823265.png]

later, i started with another mayor character of mine: Capy, a wild boar that blurby rides on. Its an edit from an enemy from Kirby's dreamland 3
[Image: e30b0de82805.png]

And i also made a female rabbit named Reibai
[Image: 0e8d4f696276.png]
With a dark hole like tail.

It was near the end of march when i made my author sprite, called Tac(idus) a puffball ghost with a sword. based on a drawing found here

Around May i made my first custom sprite
[Image: ff38aac34050.png]

Blurbs final sheet was done around June
[Image: 29d9f09b7032.png]

and thats how my Characters and I started off..

Now i gotta let the dog out. Part II Coming soon.
Sadly this had to be said, but recolurs don't really go to far here, they never really had a good rep, along with some edits on sprites that are from games, like pokemon or Maro and so on. :/
Reibai black hole tail, needs some work on it, and looks more like a foxes tail.
try doing more custom sprites, even if the one you have now needs a bit more work.
Like trying fixing the body, face, sack, and eyes, by making them more round.
And try having more then one colour for an out line.
Even looking up some sprite tutorials can help alot.
Hopfully that helped a bit. Cute
Shhh :p

Im not done yet.. part 2 is coming up tomorrow with where i am now Big Grin
most of the post is shitty edits and shitty recolors

the stuff that's custom is pretty fucking horrible
lack of contrast, pillowshading, obvious artistic incompetence, and then there's just random crap you've taken from completely different games and thrown into the sheets

get out
(10-23-2009, 04:18 PM)a vagina like elephant ears Wrote: [ -> ]most of the post is shitty edits and shitty recolors

the stuff that's custom is pretty fucking horrible
lack of contrast, pillowshading, obvious artistic incompetence, and then there's just random crap you've taken from completely different games and thrown into the sheets

get out

Not quite the words I would have chosen but a shared opinion nonetheless.
i choose to be mean so the people with no balls don't have to beat around the bush to make their point
http://img1.smackjeeves.com/images/uploa...126503.png
The custom poliwhirl looks good, but the lines in his whirl shouldn't touch. The contures... don't make it like a line, one pixel for each step is enough.

http://img1.smackjeeves.com/images/uploa...9b7032.png
Custom weapons are ok, but I don't believe that the palm tree is yours.

btw, recolours are not that good, they are boring. Just try from scratch or make harder edits. WindDragonKP said it all, the other dude with the funny nick had just a bad day ;D
(10-23-2009, 05:58 PM)Davias Wrote: [ -> ]the other dude with the funny nick had just a bad day
well you've obviously never seen me post before

that's a nice post by my standards
Aha.... So... my custom stuff is pretty fucking horrible...
Well there way more horrible things around... i can tell you that ;-;

Anyway, i custom almost everything now and im specializing in Kirby Style now.

Blurby lastest sheet:

[Image: c0e73e63eYWI6.png]

It still is a wip.
well see that one isn't as bad as the stuff you put in the OP
it still needs a ton of work but its an improvement
(10-24-2009, 10:48 AM)a vagina like elephant ears Wrote: [ -> ]well see that one isn't as bad as the stuff you put in the OP
it still needs a ton of work but its an improvement

Well duh... the OP was Part I ;____;
You're definitely at step one in spriting. You still recolor and pillow shade.
Where?
That's pretty bad. Recoloring stuff and giving them exaggerated (and dumb) powers isn't a good idea. Also, as 1up said, the custom works aren't that great.
Since your first post only contains splicing/poor edits/recolors, I'll C+C your custom Blurb.

Your blue Kirby needs smoother lines. You could use less shades and his feet is HUGE. Try making animations instead of doing one frame per action, too.
(10-24-2009, 09:34 AM)Tacidus Wrote: [ -> ]Aha.... So... my custom stuff is pretty fucking horrible...
Well there way more horrible things around... i can tell you that ;-;

Anyway, i custom almost everything now and im specializing in Kirby Style now.

Blurby lastest sheet:

[Image: c0e73e63eYWI6.png]

It still is a wip.

Overall they're preety good, just make the shoes look more round when he's running, don't make his feet so attached to his body, if you look closyely at Kirby:[Image: ninja_kirby.gif]
His feet aren't so attached to his body. It actually looks in your sprite as if he's holding two blue tacos, so fix that. The eyes of the sprites directly left of the pixel art need some fixing, they just seem a tad weird. At the top fix his running since both runinng sprites look the same, just that the foot overlaps his body in one and in the other doesn't.

EDIT: HAPPY 100th post to me!!!
Pages: 1 2