The VG Resource

Full Version: New Rocket Knight Adventures?! Off STEAM!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/player/57908

Wow, shitting brick...brick shat. I'm sure it looks and plays better than this video's showing. Kudos to Konami for following suit in bringing back classics. Now get to work on my Goemon games. Wink
old news
game looks awful
another classic series ruined
The game looks fine. The graphics are terrible though. It's a shame they had to limit the costs on this so we couldn't get the HD sprites we wanted.
looks like crap imo. bye now
They ruined the art style. Honestly, it's almost as shitty as Runescape graphics.
first I was FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ;o; Heart

then I realized how plain and non-RKA the scenario looks

then I realized that the enemies aren't Goblins/Orcs/whatever you wanna call them

and then

oh my god

Axel.
Axel looks like fucking shit.
His armor is now Red and Black what the fuck is this.
He shoots DARK ENERGY BEAMS
AXEL HAS THE SAME ABILITIES AS SPARKSTER
THEY'RE BOTH ROCKET KNIGHTS
THERE'S NO MAGIC OR DARK ENERGY SHIT BEHIND IT
FUCK

Is it just me or the font of the HUDs, the generic scenery, the characters with strange and cartoon-y facial expressions just
looks like it was taken out from a Dreamworks/Sony Pictures 3D movie
???
The graphics are doo doo.

The game dosen't even look like fun.

They replaced the pigs/orcs/goblins with super furries...
goemon is being remade as part of the rebirth series alongside castlevania adventure, gradius and other old konami games.

sparkster is looking terrible though
Where is my Yume Penguin Monogatari remake, along with Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa?

Goemon and Gradius are cool though.
the rebirth series is sex. this is not very sexy. this is a man dressed up as a woman sex
Yeah, sorry guys. I thought it'd be something to enjoy and to be honest I was tiered as hell when I saw it on further inspection I have to agree, it's not looking great. Good news on Goemon though, here's hoping for better things. (Maybay)
Shame it uses polygons, looks less good than I was hoping (though except the SNES one all the Sparkster games kinda suck now anyway). Not to mention the wolves were also in the SNES game. Toki remake is looking damn sweet though.

But Goemon remake? WHAT!!? Which game and where the hell is a link to this?
Am I the only person who noticed that it used the Team Fortress 2 font and apparently an edited version of the TF2 HUD?
Damn I wish I played TF2 to notice that...
This and the TMNT games (the XBLA and DS new one what ever its called) should both use sprites. I mean if it looks as good as Trine or Rearmed then by all means do polygons. But budget looking polygons look rather ass. Hell I would glady pay £15+ for this if it had some sweet ass HD sprites. I mean hell the Toki remake looks absolutely awesome.
Contra Rebirth looked ok (nothing special mind) thus showing that you don't even need HD sprites. Hell MM9 showed graphics didn't matter at all and in fact retro graphics are pleasing. Maybe the should have just done SNES looking sprites, that I'm sure would please everyone.
The reason they resorted to these ugly 3D graphics is because their budget got cut short. The original plan was to use 2D hi-res sprites.
Pages: 1 2