The VG Resource

Full Version: Mario and Sonic Fusion (Sarioc)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is my first post try. So if there is anything wrong or something you think I should add tell me all about it.

Anyway, this is Sarioc a DBZ Fusion of Sonic and Mario. Nothing too interesting in sprites and stuff but I'd like some advice and stuff to make this a much better sprite sheet.

[Edit] I have changed Mario's sprite so he would be a little more similar to a Sonic Advanced game style. If I have missed something tell me.

[Image: sariocspritesheetssonic.png] [Image: w600.png]:)
i have nothing to say about this
edit: and in a bitter twist of fate this is my thousandth post
Parappa?
Love these topics!
[Image: picard-facepalm.jpg]
seriously , it's his first post, cut him some slack, or at least actually post constructive critisism. Nobody started out perfect...

Ingo-Lingo, those are mainly aj's and daniel sidney's sprites on that sheet. You mainly just merged them. If you actually made their transformation poses, they're good, but need to have more inbetween frames, maybe with motion blurs. I would also try to make the poses less sonic like. You could also try to lean to a more custom design.
(10-20-2009, 01:56 AM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Parappa?

Say what?
(10-20-2009, 03:12 PM)Baegal Wrote: [ -> ]seriously , it's his first post, cut him some slack, or at least actually post constructive critisism. Nobody started out perfect...

that is if there was any constructive criticism to begin with then maybe.

in this case there really isn't aside from stop doing shitty splices and edits and do something that has an honest effort

(10-20-2009, 05:25 PM)Ingo-Lingo Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2009, 01:56 AM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Parappa?

Say what?

[Image: parappa.gif]
Face is the biggest problem I see
also the entire style just clashes

you basically copied Sonic's body, pasted Mario's hat onto it, and then drew overalls and a red shirt over his legs and arms
Fusion stuff always creeped me out anyway I mean when you REALLY think about it.
pretty cool, I love how you fused M&L and Sonic Battle together. Nice concept.
Those sprites are disgusting.
that face is going to give me nightmares I just know it...but, c'mon let's be nice, how about we er...that side view face freaks me out even more 0.o
it just doesnt work by adding minor details to an already existing sonic sprite. its just looks like a badly rip off sonic with a hat and a screwed up face. it doesnt work like in mugen sprites since you have plenty room to work and merge stuff freely without much real effort. for a sprite of this size, you just have to be extremely careful with every single detail. everything looks rushed, umpolished, and therefore, unappealing to anyone with a minimun of common sense.

PS: the "sonic advance styled mario" is a Mario head from M&L pasted/rotated over a random body(aka it sucks). if you're really going to mimic DBZ's fusion concept, you should notice the whole point of that thing is to create a whole new character that still shows some elements from their originals.

i really suggest you to start again, from scrath, and desing the whole sprite on your own. that way you just have to follow your own guideliness instead of trying to emulate an style that you might not be ready to achieve.
(10-20-2009, 06:38 PM)oB2Ko Mario Wrote: [ -> ]Face is the biggest problem I see
also the entire style just clashes

you basically copied Sonic's body, pasted Mario's hat onto it, and then drew overalls and a red shirt over his legs and arms

And shaved his face. ^^
Pages: 1 2 3 4