The VG Resource

Full Version: lots of unfinished work woah
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
apparently i am unable to finish anything
[Image: unfinishedworkscrapsand.gif]
quote from DA submission because yes Wrote:1 - various scrapped characters for wonderbros. the 6th, 7th, 8th, 11th, and 12th characters have/are being remade and will still(probably) be in the final game

2 - boss idea that never got farther than a sketch

3 - old walk cycle for an old design of shawn's character

4 and 5 - two animations for Lan's character

6 - run cycle done for shits and giggles

7 - pretty self explanatory, i might finish this one at some point, but i really dont know.

8 - was going to be another kof2k styled portrait but i am completely unable to finish anything ever.
Why are you so talented and never finish anything? I things in there that would look great finish but you never do finish them. Mostly all of those things are amazing.
id.

*writing more stuff so I can post this*
LOL. What's wrong gorsal?
the message was too short Tongue

All that I had to say was 'id.'. That means, I agree with you; though 1up does awesome stuff, he doesn't finish any.

Oh, and looks like his style is consolidating. I don't see any big differences between the 2008 and the 2009 versions.
There is a little bit of changing but not that much. Sorry didn't know what that meant. Thanks for the word. Any word to my poor vocabulary. I which he could finish at least 3 pieces from that list but it would be awesome to see everything finished.
yeah i

really need to learn how to finish things, but at the same time i really dont want to
Come on man. Please. Why don't you finish anything?
i have no attention span and lose interest with my work very quick, im a perfectionist and spend so much time with one little problem on any given piece that i get pissed and give up, im way too ambitious with my work and always fall flat on my face when i try to work on it, i multitask too much and completely forget about things, i constantly delete work instead of saving it to a wip folder because i'm too mad at my inability to fix a very simple problem that i dont want to look at it again

that's why i cant finish anything
pick your favorite
Ok. Here's a simple tip to help you out with that. When you get frustrated with a problem. Save the sprite as a wip and close everything. Then get up and go do something else. When you feel more relax go back to it or if you can't figure out how to fix something get someone as talented as you to help you out or just finish what you started. Soon you'll realize that you can actually finish things with out getting pissed.
you're saying that like you're trying to imply i havent already tried it
No dude I'm just trying to help. Maybe you have ADD or something like that. I don't know I can't think of anything else.
perhaps if you worked on something easy that you can churn out quickly you won't fall into that slump. That's how I'm approaching it with my game's style. It's also why games like cave story and the underside get so much done so quickly, because the resources are so small and easy to make they can churn out like 2 -3 levels in a week...
"apparently i am unable to finish anything"
You sound like me.

Anyways, I really like the styles.
yeah, choose something easy and pleasuring to do, so you'll see the progress faster and you'll be stimulated to do more.
Pages: 1 2