The VG Resource

Full Version: Primortal's Sprite Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, new guy. Been wanting to submit some sprites here for a while.

*hopes nobody's posted these before, tried to make sure beforehand* Sorry if someone already has. Shy

The Hal Labs Ghostbusters 2 game.
[Image: NewGhostbusters2-varioussheet.png]

*shrugs* didn't see sprites for this game, anywhere, so decided to go and get them. Hope this looks good. >.>;;
Ahahah
Those look cute. I'm not sure if they were submited, but they look good enough for me alright.
Very good job. Smile

You know what's strange... a lot of older Ghostbusters games from the NES era usually didn't have Winston for whatever reason. This game not only has Winston, but Louis. Very Sad Plus, you know, it was actually fun to play, a big step up from the other GB games on the NES.
Maybe for copyright issues, Tom. Some actors don't allow their likeness in licensed products, like Jim Carrey and the Mask cartoon. Sometimes it can happen.
(10-17-2009, 01:46 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: [ -> ]Very good job. Smile

You know what's strange... a lot of older Ghostbusters games from the NES era usually didn't have Winston for whatever reason. This game not only has Winston, but Louis. Very Sad Plus, you know, it was actually fun to play, a big step up from the other GB games on the NES.

I believe because those developers are damn racists.... That's the one reason that makes sense to me....
I wonder if anyone can make a genesis sprite of Winston for the Ghostbusters game on Sega Genesis? I was so upset as a kid that the genesis version didn't had Winston.. That's like playing a TMNT video game with only 3 ninja turtles.... T_T
They haven't been submitted before as far as I know and they look good enough to me. I'm not sure if they are complete, I'm sure some might make a few funny poses like at the ending but I have only played up to the second stage so not really sure. It's a good little game actually.

(10-17-2009, 02:42 PM)Tatakae Genshijin Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if anyone can make a genesis sprite of Winston for the Ghostbusters game on Sega Genesis?

Tonberry has already made it here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_...heet/16606
Probably the lack of Winston was because since he was black, he would need an entire new sprite for himself and it was easier to simply reuse the same body of the other white guys and swap their heads to have all the Ghostbusters. (1 body base + 3 different heads= less work, bleh.)
The cellphone version DID had Winston, though.
(10-17-2009, 02:59 PM)Yawackhary Wrote: [ -> ]They haven't been submitted before as far as I know and they look good enough to me. I'm not sure if they are complete, I'm sure some might make a few funny poses like at the ending but I have only played up to the second stage so not really sure. It's a good little game actually.

(10-17-2009, 02:42 PM)Tatakae Genshijin Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if anyone can make a genesis sprite of Winston for the Ghostbusters game on Sega Genesis?

Tonberry has already made it here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_...heet/16606

Actually Silver made that.
Good to know that I wasn't submitting something already seen. Smile

Thanks for the warm welcome as well. Hope to keep up the work on various games. Wink