The VG Resource

Full Version: Toy Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Been in a Toy Story mood since the trailer came out for the third one. I've seen the 3D double feature and watched the trailer a billion times, so, I figured I'd rip a game based on the movie from my childhood. The only difference is, as a child, I had the Genesis version, this is the SNES version, which has several slight differences.

[Image: Toystorysection.png]

NPC's

[Image: Hamm_icon.png][Image: Robot_icon.png][Image: Mrpotatohead_icon.png][Image: rex_icon.png][Image: rocky_icon.png]
[Image: aliens_icon.png]

Enemies

[Image: rolypolyclown_icon.png][Image: shark_icon.png][Image: scud_icon.png]

Misc.

[Image: scenes_icon.png]

I'ma do my best to rip all the characters, but because of the annoying graphics *Thanks, Donkey Kong Country* and the fact that some characters overlap and the background color is the same color as in the sprites, it's difficult sometimes, but I'll try.
Love it. What are the differences in the Genesis version?
Are you gonna rip Woody eventually?
(10-15-2009, 06:47 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]Love it. What are the differences in the Genesis version?

A few of the level layouts are different. Genesis has an extra level and a bonus game that's really stupid.

Also the green Snake is in the Genesis version for some reason.

(10-15-2009, 06:50 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]Are you gonna rip Woody eventually?

I've started Woody, but he's got a lot so it could take awhile. "Eventually" is the key word there.
Added the two enemies from level 3

[Image: rolypolyclown_icon.png][Image: shark_icon.png]
Awesome!
I made Woody. I saw soeone was gonna try and thats cool. I made this in a few hours. I f a better woody sheet comes around I will have no prob. anyawy, i had to make my own icon because i could not find the downloads section on the site. so yes, i know the icon has mistakes and does not match, if someone was to make a matching woody icon then that would be cool too. thanks. enjoy the sheet. i am sure theres some things i missed but i had a hard time staying at high levels of the game, its so difficult to win.

Playable Characters

[Image: Woody_icon_by_AwesomeCAS.png]
Good start Awesome. Not sure how Teeks will take you bumping in on his rip, but whatev. =]
I know there's more to Woody's sheet, such as him burned by Sid, riding Rex and that skateboard guy, and flying with Buzz, but good basics there. =]
Yeah. I am sorry if this isnt cool with teeks. if so just dont use the sheet or just use it until a better sheet comes along. I will rip the rest if asked if not, i will step aside and let teeks do it.

Also, can I do Buzz too?
I think Teeks has everything in progress.
okay. i will step aside for teeks

any other games i can rip that are not claimed?
(10-18-2009, 06:32 PM)AwesomeCAS Wrote: [ -> ]okay. i will step aside for teeks

any other games i can rip that are not claimed?

Just search TSR for any game you think should be ripped, if it ain't already...Well, there ya go. Tongue
thanks. i shall do that
Another differenence between the Genesis version and the SNES version is that the Genesis version had more images from the movie during the story scenes (for example, in the scene right before the Nightmare Buzz fight, there's a shot of Woody being upset right before he notices the Buzz Lightyear bedsheets).
Yeah, I noticed that too. Weird.

Also, sorry AwesomeCAS, I've already got a lot started and covered and everything. Though, with your permission, I might borrow some of your completed Woody animations and add them to the sheet I'm working on, giving you proper credit of course. And if you want something that isn't being ripped yet, I think it'd be cool to see some sprites from The Lion King for the SNES or Genesis getting ripped. It's easily one of the best Disney games and one of my personal favorites.

Also, here's my favorite character who never talks;

[Image: rocky_icon.png]
Pages: 1 2