The VG Resource

Full Version: TomGuycott's Submission: The Revenge!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
EDIT: March 7th 2012.
Just making a reference and reminder for games I want to rip in the future, even though almost everything I do is arbitrary.

Sheets being Made:

SNES

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom:
-Enemies
-Bosses

Super Ninja Boy:
- RPG Battle Bosses Nearly complete. Just needs assembly!
-Action Stage Bosses
(Rick, Miss Fins, Sourface, Strawbear, Tango Man, Coren)

NES:

Clash at Demonhead:
-Collectables
-NPCs and Helpers
- Mugshots

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: The Manhattan Project:
-Foot Soldiers
-Non-Foot Soldier Enemies

Plan to rip, little to no progress made yet:

SNES:

Lagoon:
-Nasir
-Bosses

X-Caliber:
-Slash
-Vs. Players
-Unplayable Minibosses
-Final Boss

SD Gundam (1 and 2)
-Mobile Suits

Super Smash TV:
-Bosses

Total Carnage:
-Bosses

Sky Blazer:
-Sky (Current sheet doesn't include most special attacks)

Illusion of Gaia:
-Vampire Couple
-That bird boss (Not so much forgot name, can't spell it)

Sparkster:
-Wolf Robot Miniboss
-Missile Core

Xardion:
-Living Planet Boss
-Xardion
-Devil Armor
-Spaceship Boss
-Parasite Boss

Ys 3 :
-Unripped Bosses

Ys 4:
-Bosses

Ys 5:
-Adol
-Bosses

Secret of Mana:
-Spikey Tiger
-Mace Knights

NES:

Captain Skyhawk:
-Final Boss

Street Fighter 2010:
-Ken
-Troy
-Various Bosses (Have to be Tile Ripped mostly)

Totally Rad:
-Main Character (Japanese Version)

Adventures of Lolo 3:
-King Egger

Sega Genesis:

Shinobi 3:
-Tengu
-Robo Twins
-Gunship Robo

Toki:
-Toki
-Bosses

Landstalker:
-Nigel
-Mir
-Duke Mercator
-King Nole
-Gola

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers:
-The Rangers

Blaster Master 2:
-Main Character
-Bosses

Ys 3:
-Adol
-Bosses

Wonderboy III:
-Bosses
Got it. Big Grin
Here comes the second half of the boss sheets for Congo's Caper. Maybe someday I might do the regular enemies, but I have other stuff closer to completion I will probably post first.

[Image: congoscaperpirateboss.png] [Image: congoscaperscientistbos.png] [Image: congoscapertrexboss.png] [Image: congoscaperfinalboss2.png]

Small question: Is there an FAQ or Tutorial for RUNNING the icon maker? For some reason I can't figure it out, and the FAQ video on Youtube, while describing how to use it, didn't seem to tell you how to initiate it as far as I know. And the post where that video can be found says some stuff, but I can't quite figure it out. >_>;
Wow, these are awesome!

I think there's a tutorial video for the icon maker on the youtube account (tSR home page has a link). And good luck with the Adventure Island 2 last boss. I tried to rip him and failed miserably.
-Gulp- I'll do my best. I've been taking a close look at it, and I have some trouble spots, but I may be able to work around them.
I finally worked up the courage to try and rip the final boss of Super Adventure Island II, and I even managed to get a piece that I thought I wouldn't be able to get. I don't think I missed anything, although he does have some effects that I couldn't really rip, like how his defeated sprite would ripple across the screen. If you don't understand what I mean, picture how Giygas ripples on the screen in Earthbound, stuff like that. xD Anyway, both forms, the Phantom and the Scorpion. Also I don't know how official the names "Phantom" or "Scorpion" are, but many different sources call him a "Phantom", and the scorpion is kind of self explanatory.

[Image: superadventureislandiip.png] [Image: superadventureislandiis.png]

Also almost all of the bosses for Sky Blazer will be on the way soon. The only trouble spots are the 2nd to last boss, whose projectiles home in on you and seem to have different directions with different animations, and the final boss, who, while his sprite is perfectly still, it has a cycle of colors it runs through (running lava), so I have to organize the sheet in a way that can be easily understood.
Excellent work!
The first half of my Skyblazer boss rips. They are the simpler batch, so I was able to do them in my free time today.
[Image: skyblazergeniesnes.png] [Image: skyblazerrollingeyesnes.png]
[Image: skyblazergreatdragonsne.png] [Image: skyblazerkhlar.png]
Wow, cool. The dragon has a cool design.
Yeah, I remember him from a long time ago when I first rented the game before I got it later. It's a shame he has so few animations though. He's cool though, he appears on one of those scrolling tower stages, like Butter Building from Kirby's Adventure.
Two more bosses from Super Adventure Island II.

[Image: superadventureislandiie.png] [Image: superadventureislandiim.png]

I have to decide when to rip the other ones. I was a little bias with my first four Adventure Island rips because they were bosses I liked a lot for whatever reason (despite the fact the Eagle has only what, 2 poses that aren't in the background?).
Good luck with the tree and the mammoth. Tongue
(10-23-2009, 12:08 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck with the tree and the mammoth. Tongue

The tree actually seems like he can be done, mainly because he's just a bunch of parts with simple animation changes and stretching, which I don't really consider to be a seperate animation.

The mammoth on the other hand.. I can't reach certain parts of the trunk without taking out certain layers, which goes beyond the usual methods of my capturing. I could still probably do it though, I was tinkering with one program that seemed good for that. I just suck with it. xD
Alright, have another strange assortment of sprites today. First off, one more boss from Sky Blazer. Only 2 more to go!

[Image: wallfaceskyblazersnes.png]

Next, one of my favorite bosses, Axel Gear, in his incarnations from Sparkster for the SNES. Included is everything in one sheet, OR three seperate sheets depending on which level he appeared on. It's really up to whoever uploads them to the site how to do it. Also, the Stage 1 appearance is just a cutscene, not a boss fight.

[Image: axelgearsparkstersnesma.png] [Image: axelgearmechstage7spark.png]
[Image: axelgearintrosparksters.png] [Image: axelgearstage6sparkster.png]

And last but not least, the final boss of Secret of Mana, the Mana Beast! It surprised me that he wasn't already ripped, I like him a lot, despite how simple his animations are. It's mostly just Mode 7 kind of rotating and resizing in game.

[Image: manabeastsecretofmanasn.png]
Awesome stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14