The VG Resource

Full Version: Finally a New MMBN!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Tears of joy, even though I dislike starforce after the first one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJFiNBjDe1A

This is going to be awesome for MegaMan Battle Network Fans
Looks like a remake of the original, with new elements spliced in, including a time travel storyline as an excuse to get the Starforce megaman back in the same time period... Eh, maybe if they had lots of new stuff I might consider it.

For some reason, I bought the first game, only read info about 2-5, and bought 6 since I heard it was the last. Personally, I thought 6 would have been much more awesome if they had a more fanservicey gimmick as a last boss rather than the version difference gimmick bosses. The final boss design from the 2nd one would have been an awesome boss to end the series I say. Instead we got giant christmas tree decorations of a wolf and a bird. :<
Battle Network is fucking badass for having Django in almost every game
Also this looks great, Starforce, Copybots minigames(?), and Time Man exe. looks pretty cool too

Edit: Django and Aaron, and Exe. and Starforce, fuck yeah that'd be awesome.
At least they give you a map this time around.
(10-14-2009, 11:27 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]At least they give you a map this time around.

Amen.
Am I the only one who thinks that Starforce Megaman (minus the lion head buster) looks MUCH better than EXE?
Finally? You mean there wasn't enough somehow? And you thought that Capcom would stop milking it?
"Oh look another one" would have been a better title.
They abandoned a good series for a few years, a return would be a good thing; especially since it didn't look like they were gonna return to it. Aside from that, Capcom's well known for releasing games with incremental gameplay patches for almost all of their series, so it's not really something strange if they release a lot of games. It's not like they've reached 8 or 9 main series like with MM Classic/X.

(10-14-2009, 07:13 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, I bought the first game, only read info about 2-5, and bought 6 since I heard it was the last. Personally, I thought 6 would have been much more awesome if they had a more fanservicey gimmick as a last boss rather than the version difference gimmick bosses. The final boss design from the 2nd one would have been an awesome boss to end the series I say. Instead we got giant christmas tree decorations of a wolf and a bird. :<

You mean aside from how Gregar was directly referenced to Gospel; the 3 fan-designed Navis, a Program Advance referencing every main game prior, and an ending to cater to fanshippers? Naw, no fanservice at all.

As for this game, I'm kind of annoyed that they didn't change very much. Very little in the way of graphical overhaul; although it seems the gameplay system is taken from the later BN games (a good thing, Battle Network 1 had... a clunky battle system). If they add in new battle chips, make the final boss harder, and add in a decent number of new plot elements the game might still turn up roses, though.

Oh, and Vipershark, the Starforce 3 design ditched the Beast Buster.
http://www.themmnetwork.com/gallery/disp...=14&pos=11
(10-15-2009, 04:24 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, and Vipershark, the Starforce 3 design ditched the Beast Buster.
http://www.themmnetwork.com/gallery/disp...=14&pos=11
that looks so much better that it's not even funny
I like how they released six classic Megaman games on the same system, and did the same for MMBN.
whoever thought up mmbn needs to be killed i dont even fucking care if they've had better ideas
ehh, i liked the first three. the gameplay was an interestingl idea but they've milked it way too much.
I think the mission thing that started in five was a horrible idea, but I do enjoy the soul unison factor add in four
(10-15-2009, 04:11 PM)a vagina like elephant ears Wrote: [ -> ]whoever thought up mmbn needs to be killed i dont even fucking care if they've had better ideas

Somewhat agree. I really don't like MMBN. I don't hate it, but It's more of halfway between "eh" and "hate" for me.

Though MMBN5 (where you could play as other people) was pretty cool.
i played the second one religiously, it's a pretty solid RPG
Pages: 1 2 3