The VG Resource

Full Version: (Comic) Sonic: Time Turns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings all! Kicking off the restart of the tSR forums with a comic that I have been developing, one which takes a look at the oft-neglected Sonic CD.

I've tried my hand at working sprite comics a long while back, and lately, have felt the need to try once more. So sit back and read on, as we take a look at the past, present, and future of Mobius...

SONIC: TIME TURNS

Chapter 0: The Little Planet
Cover | Intro | 01 | 02 |

Chapter 1: Palmtree Problems
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

Chapter 2: Trouble in Time
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07

Comments and critique vastly appreciated.

All sprite work is © SEGA and the custom spriters that make this all possible.
I really like the fact that this is one of the few sprite comics that takes advantage of angles in order to remove the effect of linearity that is so painfully obvious and dull in other sprite comics...

As of right now, the storyline is a bit dull, but to be honest that's expected with anything Sonic-related. Although this is definitely one of the better ones.

Overall, pretty good work.
This is actually pretty good. Nice job.
Quote:I really like the fact that this is one of the few sprite comics that takes advantage of angles in order to remove the effect of linearity that is so painfully obvious and dull in other sprite comics...

As of right now, the storyline is a bit dull, but to be honest that's expected with anything Sonic-related. Although this is definitely one of the better ones.

Overall, pretty good work.

Indeed, thanks for noticing that feature of my work, Tyvon. I am trying to treat this as a true comic overall, so effects and viewpoints will be as varied as my skills and the sprites allow.

Granted, this isn't as grand as a Tolkien or as clever as a Clancy, but Sonic CD in my opinion has a lot going for it. The possibilities in regards to the various zones/timelines are nigh limitless. Definitely though, this won't be a straight by-the-numbers retelling of the game. I'm tweaking things just enough to actually have a plot with this, and hopefully a decent, fun one at that.

Quote:This is actually pretty good. Nice job.

As always Tonberry, praise from you is VERY well-recieved. Thanks for the comments and critique you two!
Chapter Two kicks off here! Now the plot will thicken... Which makes sense, since it stars Doc Eggman! XD

Enjoy!

THIS IS... Metallic MADNESS!!!
Page Two is ready! Doctor Robotnik begins his ultimate work: Project Metal!

Project Metal Begins
Good work there Shadowbot.
You like using the 3D Sonic sprites huh?
Well good job with them and I'm excited to see what happens next.
Moving onward, we see the oddness that persists with the Little Planet.

Surreality
overall, nice.

but...

The title/cover page made me go eww ;-;
Had quite a long hiatus over the holidays, but I (and the comic) are back once more! Enjoy TWO new pages of Time Turns. Big Grin

Past stays the same

Sonic to the Rescue
Being nitpicky

Sonic CD Amy had a totally different design. Still, this is a pretty good comic.
>>Nitpick pick-apart<<

I know that Amy was in her classic frilly dress and quills there in SCD, but I had to balance being 100% pure to the game with the needs of making a comic. I.E. poses, expressions, and other actions. Her Modern design has MUCH more usable sprites available, so I went with those instead. *Shrug*

>>/End Nitpick pickapart<<

Thanks for reading and commenting.
I really appreciate the comments and views everyone. Your thoughts and critiques are what keep me going with this. New comic is up!

First Impressions...
New Page is up, with a sidedish of foreshadowing. Enjoy, O merry readers! ^^

Something Old, Something New
Well it looks nice but it kind of reads like the first few issues of the UK's Sonic the Comic. As in:
"Oh no badniks!"
"time for Super Sonic Spin-attack"
"hurray!"

As for sprite comics go it's nice to see a more comic like layout, so big congrats for that (though a few still have all identical shaped panels) and hopefully when the story picks up this'll be pretty cool.

(Oh and make you sig actually link to a page in stead of making me google it!)