The VG Resource

Full Version: JELLYFISH OLOLOL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: jellol_tr.png]
Fake Pokémon for Reef.

Jellol -> Jelloly -> Jellocity
Water/Poison
High Sp.Atk - Low Def.
looks cool, but they all look awfully alike. I would make more of a contrast between evolutions. The actual sprite looks great, the transparent feel was marked well.
Not getting much of a Pokemon vibe but the sprites aren't bad. I agree with Baegal though; there should be at least a little more of a difference betweens the evos.
Uh, thanks I guess.

And I realize this too but have no idea how I would go about fixing it. :/
Not bad, but it looks too flat and symetrical for a Pokémon sprite.
Even the old Game Boy pokémon sprites had more of an "action" pose and less symerical design. (Aka, half a sprite, copies and flipped to fill the other half.)
Make the evos look more like different species, and try to incorporate the unique features of that species into the "pokemon".

http://img2.allposters.com/images/DANPOD...0032_M.jpg Like try adding this... Frill(?) to the top of the final evo's head and make it look like a crown or something...

also this is an awesome jelly http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/exploratio...sh_400.jpg , try and put a brain or something inside one of them

Im not the best at CC xp
You were very helpful, thanks.
A brain inside of them would make them look both unique and cool. They look cool but as everyone else said not much of pokemons. A crown on the final one would indeed look cool. Try out wat Sam said RaveCat
Pokemon are usually a combination of two ideas. For example, Torterra is a turtle and a landscape that gets more interesting as it grows. Empoleon is royalty/penguin. Your jellyfish needs a secondary theme.
Yeah I agree with Tonberry2k Pokemon are usually made named from objects and living creatures sorta like a cliche or something like that but other then that I Love the design and the Outline
You should study more pokemon designs. Starting with their eyes. The eyes of the first and second jellyfishes from the evolution line are p.cool, but the third one should give a feel of intimidation. This expresion feels kind of dull and strange.
If I were you I'd draw eyes of a similar style to those of Haunter and Voltorb, but without the pupils.

Also, I'm not a big fan of this colour scheme either. Remember that also, when Pokémon evolve, their colour scheme often changes some. I'd personally use a slightly desaturate blue, purple and yellow/orange for the first one. The second one would have a dark/strong blue, purple and orange/green, and the third one would have the same dark/strong blue, purple, orange, green and black.

Do remember too that when they evolve, pokemon tends to get less cute/geometrical and more detailed and beastly. Study how jellyfishes look like, after all, all pokémon were drawn over animals' basic anatomies.

So yeah, pretty much that, study the style behind pokemon, look at lots of jellyfish pics and try to make your pokemon look a lot like them, even in little details - which you should definately add. More details, more colours, more creativeness by adding more concepts over the pokemon (like Venusaur which is a dinosaur with a plant growing on his back, Blastoise which is an armored tortoise with cannons equipped on his shell, etc).
And yeah, pretty much those. So far, the design is too simplistic and non-pokemonish.
(10-14-2009, 06:09 PM)Rökkan Wrote: [ -> ]You should study more pokemon designs. Starting with their eyes. The eyes of the first and second jellyfishes from the evolution line are p.cool, but the third one should give a feel of intimidation. This expresion feels kind of dull and strange.
If I were you I'd draw eyes of a similar style to those of Haunter and Voltorb, but without the pupils.

Also, I'm not a big fan of this colour scheme either. Remember that also, when Pokémon evolve, their colour scheme often changes some. I'd personally use a slightly desaturate blue, purple and yellow/orange for the first one. The second one would have a dark/strong blue, purple and orange/green, and the third one would have the same dark/strong blue, purple, orange, green and black.

Do remember too that when they evolve, pokemon tends to get less cute/geometrical and more detailed and beastly. Study how jellyfishes look like, after all, all pokémon were drawn over animals' basic anatomies.

So yeah, pretty much that, study the style behind pokemon, look at lots of jellyfish pics and try to make your pokemon look a lot like them, even in little details - which you should definately add. More details, more colours, more creativeness by adding more concepts over the pokemon (like Venusaur which is a dinosaur with a plant growing on his back, Blastoise which is an armored tortoise with cannons equipped on his shell, etc).
And yeah, pretty much those. So far, the design is too simplistic and non-pokemonish.
I have to disagree with Ya on that one not all Pokemon get less cute when they Evolve take Bellossum, Sunflora, Roserade, Togetic, Wigglytuff, and Blissey for Examples they're still cute
Hm we already have a jellyfish. Also be aware of what type this is. Green and Purple generally imply Grass and Poison.