The VG Resource

Full Version: Kaikimi's 3D dump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Baboy got me into wanting to pick up anim8or again and have another go at learning it so... I did!
Through playing with a bunch of primitives and such I came up with this enemy spaceship design.

[Image: enemyshipmodel_1.png]

NOW TO LEARN TO TEXTURE IT!
Looks interesting, would like to see the textured version!
This looks deadly.
Box modelling is fun and all, but it doesn't work for everything, like humanoid characters.

I use UV Mapper for unwrapping the model, so I can texture it in GIMP/Photoshop.
Yeah I got away from the box modeling with this. OH GOD THIS TAKES FOREVER...

it's a current wip of a manga styled character.
[Image: animeheadwip1.png]
You're having problems with pentagons too, I see. Also, holy shit, are you better than me at this or what.
[Image: nicolas_model_sheet_preview.png]

posting what I've done since tsr has been down for me.

I've been meaning to ask you, what do you use to unwrap your models? UV mapping is TERRIBLE. The nicolas model I did there may look good from those angles, but I messed up with mapping the texture, so it's broken up in some places on the arms and such. It really is a pain trying to texture it when your UV map isn't perfect. Laying the model out flat on the UV map took a whole day to do too.... it's really cumbersome to do...