The VG Resource

Full Version: GrooveMan.exe's Sprite Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Every so often, /v/ will go "Hey, we like videogames! So let's make a videogame!"
Everyone will agree, then the thread'll purge, and everyone pretends it never happened. But this one project - a Metriodvania called Edison Clark - was set to be different in that structured ideas were thrown around, along with demo sprites.

For reasons I'm not entirely sure of, I decided to help out with the spriting, suggesting we abandoned the original test image, and go for something different.

[Image: 24zc49h.png]

I got that far before realising that the person who started the whole thing vanished off the face of the Earth, and no longer replied to e-mails. Considering I still edit like a motherfucker; this didn't come out too badly; and I really should finish it.

Unless you all think it sucks gigantic horse penis - in which case I won't bother.
mmh, i like the style and shading. i think you should continue it.
Wait, which one did you make?
I assume it is the bottom one since thereĀ“r an unfinished sprite there.
I think you could turn his chest a little bit more to his left. Also i think the left half (his left) of his jacket-thing shouldn't reach further down than the right one (it's one pixel lower at the moment, i'd say it shouldn't, somehow).
(02-07-2009, 07:07 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, which one did you make?

The demo sprite to the bottom-left is partally mine. A different spriter on /v/ made it, and then I decided to give it that palette and neaten up the lines. But it still looked kind of off, so I just redid the thing.

The sprites at the top are what I used to get the body positioning down; and are ripped from some SNES game no one cares about.
Okay, thats what I thought. The top one kinda looked (no offense) above your level and had no WIP, but the bottom left looked pretty bad.
One quick suggestion is to use the original colours or use more contrast.
That's a very womanly figure
You should have seen the concept art.
I swear to god this is like, the 3rd/4th time I've picked this up, I'm never going to end up doing them all.

[Image: 11hynn8.png]

The keyblades of Kingdom Hearts 2 done in Summon Night: Swordcraft Story style. Fenrir is currently a WIP. The handle of Bond of Flame feels slightly off. No, they're not to proportion of how they appear ingame, although I'd like to do that.
Hey, I like these. Haven't seen any Kingdom Hearts sprites or pixel art in awhile, I don't think.

Here's a picture of the Bond of Flame so you can fix up the handle.

[Image: 200px-Bond_of_flame.png]

Also, was the Fenrir really that colorful? I haven't played KH2 in forever.
I have the ref (larger than that, in fact), but I can't seem to get the handle right.

The Fenrir isn't that colour at all, I work out lines by doing them in different colours - it can get complicated if it's not coloured over. I've worked on it a bit, and the blade's the right colour now, though I've not shaded the bandages, or coloured the handle.

[Image: 64noeg.png]

I'll work on Bond of Flame a bit more. I guess I just need to edge it in siver, and give it a bit more of an angle.
Haven't really played Kingdom Hearts, but the weapons are definitely in style. Good job.
[Image: ick41l.png]

Two alternate versions of Bond of Flame, and a slightly rushed Fenrir. The design was really straightforward, I'm not sure why I did the stupidly hard ones like Hidden Dragon first. :V
[Image: 2hr1yqv.png]

Follow the Wind. The blade came out really nicely on this one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4