The VG Resource

Full Version: Star's M&L3 sprite thread: because everyone else is doing it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm in love with the game M&L:BIS. Better than the first and picks up from what the 2nd one was lacking. Because I like the game so much, I've been craving to sprite this style again now that I now what the crap is going on and how to sprite more decent in it.

That's what this sprite topic is for, to show off that stuff. Tongue

Yoshi(oh and something interesting that I found about the style)

Culex( Shyguy Grey asked me one day on how to improve this sprite but then he's like hey, why not join up and make a project with this? So I made a culex for that project...which didn't go anywhere yet lol)

Wario and Waluigi- Under Construction

Smithy- HEAVILY Under Construction

I haven't been too proud of Smithy since I got back to work on it. So what I'm doing now is fixing up everything and putting alot more of my heart into it. I hope the difference is dramatic. Here's a taste of it:
[Image: smithyimprovement.png]

Bon Appetite
Hey, you're back!

Anyway, I never thought there was anything wrong with Smithy, but fix what you want to. For Yoshi, his cheeks seem a little jagged. As for Culex, he looks amazing so far.
The lines, and shading on the front of the cannon barrel look very jagged. Other than that, excellent comeback.
Holy crap....

I'm.....totally....
*Faints*
Wow. Good luck with Culex, man. Didn't you start a Geno as well?
your Yoshi is better than mine. How about you do the Yoshi for the Custom BIS Project, since yours is better, and I have to do the babies, so one less character for me to do...

As for the cheek, I think you should get rid of the outer grey-ish pixel on top of the cheeks and the lines that are right after the bottom part of the cheeks (where his nose begins at the bottom) get rid of that grey pixel, I did that to yours to see, and I think it makes his nose look less blocky.
Nice to see you're back into this, man. It's been a while.

Yoshi looks pretty good, though I have to say that the head and arms look off. The cheeks are blocky, as said before, and the arms need a little less of an upward curve. You also need a better pallet, because neither of those look Yoshi enough imo.
And about the Sea Pipe Statue, there's an easy explanation for that. The only reason for the use of 568967489 shades is the fact that it starts out as a background object and changes colors. Background objects = tons of shades.

Culex is awesome. Keep going.

And ye olde tank head, again I see. It's definitely better now, although it's still not perfectly in-style and could use some (more) reshaping/reshading. The shape you have in general is too... Organic. Try to make it more geometric and mechanical. shading, uhh... Shiny things in M&L3 have rather smooth shading, as opposed to your jagged style there. The dithering on the back of the turret (head) part is out of style, so fix that by just using a line of lighter shade to replace it.

Does this mean.... Could it BE...?
Are we reopening the duel topic ALREADY?
Hope you don't mind Star, I kinda edited it, along with a palate

the fist one is from my Yoshi palate, the second one is a new one, I figured that mine was an accurate palate, since no-one commented on it...so here

[Image: starsyoshi.png]
OMG STAR!

Nice work. Not a fan of Culex but nice sprites.
Nice Smithy Tank.
Culex however... the color... it's kind of off. Try Durmite X's palette instead, looks closer to the original color.
[Image: DurmiteX.png]
AWESOME AS ALWAYS MY FRIEND! Btw wanna play xbox sometime? Big Grin
I was thinking, do you want to help me do the Yoshi? Its up to you...
This is yes. I'm going to do this now.

Also: What're you doing with Waluigi?
(09-27-2009, 10:11 PM)mutantyoshi Wrote: [ -> ]Hope you don't mind Star, I kinda edited it, along with a palate

the fist one is from my Yoshi palate, the second one is a new one, I figured that mine was an accurate palate, since no-one commented on it...so here

[Image: starsyoshi.png]
*pallet
Well, it's a bit of an improvement, but still isn't perfect. Crits I had before still stand.
Anyhow, that first pallet is slightly better but not greenish-blue enough.

I would have to assume, knowing Star, that he's not planning on sheeting Yoshi. Don't hold me to it; only a guess.
[Image: starsyoshi-1.png]

This better?
Pages: 1 2