The VG Resource

Full Version: Holy fuck, you guys (Gameshark Help)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Gameshark V.2 for the PS2. This topic is for those who also own a Gameshark V.2 for the PS2 and who actually know how to work the damn thing.

Problem:
After entering in a code for a game, I should be able to highlight the code and therefore, enable the code for the game I wish to cheat on. However, after I entered in the code, I could not highlight it no matter how many times I pressed X. Then, when I pressed O to save the cheat to see if maybe that would work, it failed. But the worst part is, when I went back to look at the code I had entered, it had changed. The code was not what I had typed in.

Question:
What the fuck is wrong? Is everything just getting messed up because the code doesn't exist? Anything, please.
well im not sure but it could be messed up if it is you should get a new one just incase try going to youtube
Delete it and re-enter it. This usually works to all kinds of technology: remove or turn off (for devices themselves). Them add/install/turn on again.
If it still don't works, try gamefaqs or the official gameshark site.
This happens to me when I enter a code incorrectly. Did you make sure you got every single character right?
(09-27-2009, 02:54 PM)pillowphobic Wrote: [ -> ]This happens to me when I enter a code incorrectly. Did you make sure you got every single character right?

Yes, everything was exactly as written on the website. That is, until I left and came back, then the code changed. :/
I never seem something like this, and I've been using gameshark since the times of the PS1. I stopped using gameshark when I discovered that I could download the codebreaker codes from the internet and upload them directly to the device, via flash drive. It's awesome.

But back to the gameshark, couldn't you try a code from a previous version of the device? Or maybe the codes are for example the version 1.0 of the game and you own the 1.1?
Actually the only code I have entered in so far is the master code (M) and there were multiple codes for it. These are them:

M (GSv3+ / CBv6+ / XPv4+)
903143A0 0C0C5090

M (CBv1-5 / XPv1-2)
F0100238 002F117B

M (AR2v2/GS2v2/SM3.8coder only)
0E3C7DF2 1456E7A5
F0100238 002F117B

I used the last of the 3 because its Gameshark V.2, but after that one didn't work, I tried the others. None of them could be highlighted, but only the one that I expected to work kept changing.

P.S. - The game is Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories since I know you guys are just gonna Google the codes anyway. :P

EDIT: I just tried entering codes into Kingdom Hearts 2 and they worked fine. It has to be a problem with the codes themselves.