The VG Resource

Full Version: Trophies = Cards?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
You know it just wouldn't be Smash Bros without trophies. I want to include something like that somehow. Since everything is in 2D anyway I was thinking maybe instead of collecting character trophies you collect character cards. They're the same as trophies only styled to look more like a trading card. I thought it would be neat and different to do something that way.

What do you guys think?
I think it's perfect.

EDIT: We can just have a 2-D pixel art of the character and a short summary of them under it.
Well I like making fancy borders you know me haha.
Why not have the description on the back of the card? Just so the 2D pixel art stands out more.
That's fine too. I was actually thinking of implementing a "card flip" animation for alternate costumes on the select screen, so it'd be cool to use it here as well.
Both Flash and Game Maker have the 3d capabilities to make a simple card flip like that.

It sounds stylish and very fresh.
except that 3d isn't needed for card flips...

Scaling and Skewing works just fine
Cards would be an awesome idea. But I was wondering:for each character will they have the trophy list from Brawl (regular and Final Smash), Melee (Regular, Adventure, All Star), or just for Regular and Alt?
I say something akin to Melee's Regular (classic look) and Adventure (in-game look), no alternate colors.

Fantastic idea, koopaul!
Cards sound cool. You guys should try to compile some good pixle art and data, try to find super rare old characters, like characters from the japanese games, smash bros. was always good with adding rare japanese or unreleased character trophies.
This is a great idea great job Koopaul
(09-23-2009, 06:41 PM)Zoo Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]Cards sound cool. You guys should try to compile some good pixle art and data, try to find super rare old characters, like characters from the japanese games, smash bros. was always good with adding rare japanese or unreleased character trophies.

Honestly, Koopaul has a great PA style. If he's up to it, I think he could tackle the pixel arts. It would be a lot of work, though.
I think the cards should be only for playable characters, assist trophies, stages and items. We should make 2D trophies for characters that don't appear in the game otherwise or are minor enemies.
2D trophies? I made something like that a while ago for fun.

[Image: trophymario1.png] [Image: trophylink1.png] [Image: trophysamus1.png]

Later, I found a good image of the Trophy Stand and made a better base.
[Image: trophystand2.png]

Maybe you guys could do something like this too.
I prefer the idea of cards.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16