The VG Resource

Full Version: 16 Shades Of FURY: last page (Techokami's Sprite Dumpster)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
This is the thread where I will post my absolutely random shit related to spriting or sprite ripping.

I do a lot more sprite ripping than what you see on tSR. This is because I have a habit of ripping only a few small things, meaning it's not up to my normal quality standards to submit it. Really, I don't think anyone wants to see a sheet submitted to tSR that's just... a spikeball and a fireball. Blank

Most of the things I post in this thread have the following guidelines:
-I am an ego-driven maniac. In other words, please post comments and critique!
-Unless I say so, you can use anything I post. Otherwise, send me a PM first asking for permission.
-Anything from this thread you use, please give me credit. It's not hard to do.
-Don't go reposting my stuff elsewhere or calling it your own. That's stealing!

----------------------

So on a whim today I decided to take random crap from Somari and revamp 'em:
[Image: chr505.bmp]
Personally I am proud of the ring and springs Cute

Then I tried it with one of Somari's tilesets...
[Image: chr506.bmp]
I don't think this came out very well =/ I DO like the sunflower but that's about it.
I think the green on the tree is either too intense, or has too much contrast. The glacier/ ice came out good, though.
(09-20-2009, 05:40 PM)Baegal Wrote: [ -> ]I think the green on the tree is either too intense, or has too much contrast. The glacier/ ice came out good, though.

Actually that's supposed to be a rock, it has a very light blue coloration to it in the original Genesis game which Somari shamelessly rips off.
----------------
In case you're wondering, yes, I have ripped objects from Sonic Rush/Rush Adventure! Thing is... my stuff is terribly disorganized and some objects I have to force myself to keep going with ripping... I have a folder full of objects from Sonic Rush somewhere around here... but in the meantime, have a palm tree and spikes from Sonic Rush Adventure (yes the spikes are animated to have a shine effect. Bet you never noticed that before!)
[Image: sra_spikesandapalmtree.png]
Looking good, man!
Big prize today! You're getting a tileset!
[Image: bm2_levelrip_lv1_16x16.png]
From a scrapped endeavor to make a Blaster Master 2 metatile ripping tool... I stopped because that game is terrible.
That palm tree is fucking awesome.
Wow, nobody seems to care about Blaster Master 2. Understandable, it's shit.
To make up for it here's a few things:

[Image: desertstrike_lztank.png]
A tank! It's from Desert Strike (Genesis version), this is the ground-based landing zone. It was from a botched attempt to rip sprites from the game (which would be awesome if done right) but the tiles are stored in a way that they do not perfectly align in an 8x8 grid!

Also, I wasn't kidding about a sheet of just a spikeball and a fireball:
[Image: magicalpopn_randomshit.png]
From Magical Pop'n. Also, I got some explosion effects from it.
Haha, cool.
You may or may not have heard about this one, but there's a Game Boy pirate called Rockman 8 that's a pain to emulate.
Here's some unique enemies and objects from it:
[Image: chr335.bmp]
Tank Joe? o.o
Tank Joe looks like Getter-3 from the original Getter Robo anime. o_0
Oh pirates, you and your crazy hijinks. Here's something else I found inside Rockman 8:
[Image: rockman8_wtf_sonic_endpanel.png]
Yes. Something from a Sonic game. O_o
Black Squirrel says it's probably from that Sonic Adventure 6 pirate.
Well I touched it up!
[Image: random_pirate_touchup.png]
Heh. I once found a set of Mario and Luigi sprites inside the data of Ninja Warriors Again. (A Snes game programmed by NATSUME)
(09-25-2009, 03:09 PM)Maneko Wrote: [ -> ]Heh. I once found a set of Mario and Luigi sprites inside the data of Ninja Warriors Again. (A Snes game programmed by NATSUME)

Really? Mind showing it?
Dunno why you had to send it as a PM, I don't mind people posting stuff in my thread
Maneko Wrote:[Image: whatthehellim2.png]

There. I have NO idea of why in the hell these sprites were in that game.
Very odd, SMAS SMB1 sprites O_o
That's pirates for ya!
----------------------
I redid the item boxes from Somari to look less shit and more awesome:
[Image: somari_re-revamped_item_boxes.png]
In my opinion, posting stuff in other people's threads is plain rude, but if it's OK with you, no problem then. ;-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6