The VG Resource

Full Version: ideas good or bad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i am new and i was thinking about recolouring an entire new super mario set. Do u think this is a good idea
recolors aren't excepted. anyone can recolor something, so no, i don't.

Also, use correct grammar, please~
Sure, go ahead and recolor if you want to be ridiculed here.

e: or any forum that isn't a naruto forum
whats ridiculed
oh and i played your dark yoshi game and it is fun
That's when people laugh about you.
do you have any suggestions on what i should do
(09-19-2009, 09:07 AM)Tyvon Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, go ahead and recolor if you want to be ridiculed here.

e: or any forum that isn't a naruto forum

http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&...1&id=15938

http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&...1&id=15072

http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&...=1&id=7353
NO THIS IS A BAD IDEA.
(09-19-2009, 09:15 AM)modder Wrote: [ -> ]do you have any suggestions on what i should do

Use propper grammar and sentence structure, for one.

Since it apears that you are just beggining your sprite based life style thing, you should recolor something if you can't do anything else.
Recoloring is how we all started, it paves the way to *insert some meaningful BS here*.

Should you recolor?
No.
If you have no other alternative, yes, do so.

Don't make your character a beamspamming black and green Shadow though.
Try to be a bit original.

Recoloring something that isn't from the Sonic series is your best bet.
Don't do Naruto either.
omg this topic.
(09-19-2009, 05:17 PM)Tyvon Wrote: [ -> ]omg this topic.

Is that really necessary?
Sure, go ahead and recolor, if you realllly want people to look down upon you. Recolors are a decent starting point in spriting, but I didn't recolor. I think recoloring is unoriginal and boring. Some recolors are EDITS and some of them can be really good but it's a once out of a million thing.

How about trying to make a custom sprite or something along those lines? I think it'd help a lot.
(09-19-2009, 05:21 PM)Jesus lizard Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2009, 05:17 PM)Tyvon Wrote: [ -> ]omg this topic.

Is that really necessary?
Yes, because judging by the OP's posts, this topic isn't going to go in a good direction. History repeating itself itt.
Pretty much what Dex said. It's much better to at the very least start with edits. Recoloring takes no real effort and doesn't help you get any better. At the least, with edits, some of the work is your own. Customs would be the best though. Even if you're not amazing from the get-go, it you listen to crits and work on them, you'll definitely improve.
Recoloring is important for the starter spriters, so if you're a starter, do so. BUT, use the recoloring as a way to practice color choices and hue shifting. Also, don't post your recolored work here. The most you'll win here if you do so is a bunch of negative comments.

But if you really want to start spriting, I suggest doing edits, as Devicho said. You'll practice pixel placement AND coloring at the same time, which is really good for your learning curve.
Pages: 1 2