The VG Resource

Full Version: PKMN Stadium 2 Trainer Portraits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A little bit nervous on what the outcome would be in here, but I'll just fire away. I'll cut to the chase first, then give in the details later. So without further ado, here's the Trainer Portraits for Pokemon Stadium 2:

[Image: PkmnStadium2Icon.png]

Why did I bother ripping these? Well, I'm currently doing a little project of my own, and I really desired the Trainer Portraits. I first thought the site had them, but when I checked during the morning, the site was down (Only for me possibly?). Disgruntled, I just went and ripped the sprites myself...

When I came back here, I noticed you didn't have the Trainer Portraits, or at least to my knowledge (I looked in Nintendo > Pokemon > Other Pokemon Games). So hopefully you guys really don't have it, since now you'll have an addition along with me not wasting your guys' time. Big Grin

Give some criticism too. I know I did not grab all 65 trainers, mainly considering I don't have Crystal and I don't want to go through the whole game just to meet Rival, but 97% of the whole game's Trainer Portraits is pretty much completion. It's as if missing 1-2 frames with a regular sprite.

So enjoy. Genki ^_^
Hey these are kinda cool! Red looks like an angry freak though.
sba sb3002 Wrote:Hey these are kinda cool! Red looks like an angry freak though.

For me, he kind of looks like one of those trainers that have gotten the egotistical disease and is a little too snobby or cocky...One of those trainers that go, "I can't be beaten!" yet he did. Wink

Thanks for replying, now I know I'm not a loner here...Not thinking I was one...
Sweet, but it looks blurry. Are these texture rips or just screenshots?
GrooveMan.exe Wrote:Sweet, but it looks blurry. Are these texture rips or just screenshots?
I was never able to rip textures, as errors kept coming left and right, resulting in failures...so I had to take a picture directly from the game. They seem quite blurry, but that's what it was within the game so I simply didn't mind it and thought that was the graphic's...graphic.
You also forgot the rival who has Lugia, Ho-oh, and Mewtwo.
A.J. Nitro Wrote:You also forgot the rival who has Lugia, Ho-oh, and Mewtwo.
That guy sounds like those sires at the Toys R' Us tourney's who rape you with legendaries. Little punks...
Hey, you forgot Mewtwo.

...Oh wait, that was Pokemon Stadium 1. My bad.
The rips are great! I love that rips.
A.J. Nitro Wrote:You also forgot the rival who has Lugia, Ho-oh, and Mewtwo.
Quote:Give some criticism too. I know I did not grab all 65 trainers, mainly considering I don't have Crystal and I don't want to go through the whole game just to meet Rival, but 97% of the whole game's Trainer Portraits is pretty much completion. It's as if missing 1-2 frames with a regular sprite.

Heh, that's my answer to that. I'll include Rival if I ever bother to get all the way to finishing all those Stadium cups...it does get pretty laborious, but that's what spriting is...I suppose.
Three words: Rice's Video Plugin. If you use that, you can get clean, not-blurry rips. This tutorial (kinda) I made quite a while ago should help.

Good work, though it would be a lot better if you got them all through that method. Cute