The VG Resource

Full Version: If OoT were on the DS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I would be SOOOO HAPPY!!! Cute

Button Mapping:
(Y) - Sword
(B) - Action Button
(A) - Equipped Item
(X) - Navi/First Person View
D Pad - Movement
[ R] - Shield
[L ] - L Targeting
Start - Pause
Select - Map Toggle

Touch Screen - At any given moment, this can be used to equip Items, Swords, Shields, Tunics, And Boots, much faster than before. This can be done both paused and unpaused.

Also, when playing the Ocarina, the 5 Buttons appear on screen. Touch them to play music.

Improvements:
Higher Poly Models
Higher Res. textures
Updated Dungeons
Fixed Glitches

Things made worse:
Only one Item can be eqquiped at a time.

Let me know what you think!
I don't see it happening. Any Zelda game on the DS will feature Toon Link.
(09-09-2009, 02:54 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see it happening. Any Zelda game on the DS will feature Toon Link.
Pretty much this. The only way it would happen is if someone homebrew'd it by using the base code in the ROM. And I doubt anybody's gonna bother with that any time soon.

And one item equipped at a time is really fucking retarded for OoT. It would just make the game a complete hassle to play.
We already had Super Mario 64 DS. ¿And what? It lost most, for not to say, all the beauty its predecessor had. Even though the NDs is powerful enough for 3D graphics, don´t forget that it´s still a hand-held console, which gives it a bit of a disadvantage compared to "traditional" gaming systems.
(09-09-2009, 02:46 PM)nicktheslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I would be SOOOO HAPPY!!! Cute
me too!!!!!CuteCuteCuteCuteCuteCuteCuteCute
besides from what everyone else stated, we already have OOT on VC, just because SM64 happened to be on the DS doesn't mean it will happen for OoT.

quit living in the clouds dreaming that your damn fantasies of a game being remade on to another console that's probably going to be downgraded to the original. (especially with the control layout you have)

Also @optimus: I don't see how your opinion is valid, Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't SM64DS have Dpad control as well as touch screen? you can switch it in the menu. and to be honest I actually enjoyed the remake just as well as the original.
(09-09-2009, 02:59 PM)Tyvon Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2009, 02:54 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see it happening. Any Zelda game on the DS will feature Toon Link.
Pretty much this. The only way it would happen is if someone homebrew'd it by using the base code in the ROM. And I doubt anybody's gonna bother with that any time soon.

And one item equipped at a time is really fucking retarded for OoT. It would just make the game a complete hassle to play.

No, it would be easy...

You dont have too pause the game, or even open the item menu, like you did in PH.

Some items would have to be clicked on the bottom, but not eqquiped. (Lens of Truth, because you need other items st the same time. Also, the Spells would do this.

One items at a time wouldnt ruin the game, either. Also, i know SM64DS Ruined the beauty of the original game, but this isnt Mario. Im thinking about putting a note up there saying id keep the old graphics, because i would.

Also, im not syaing, "OMG I WANT IT I WANT IT!" I just thought it would be cool, and i got a bit bored and even made a button map.

My headisnt really in the clouds, i just thought that it would be worth 30 bucks to play it anywere we wanted.

(And, as for ruining the console feel, i didnt want the console feel, i wanted a GOOD 3d zelda, for the ds. Unlike PH)
(09-09-2009, 03:17 PM)nicktheslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Also, i know SM64DS Ruined the beauty of the original game, but this isnt Mario.
lmao

Zelda is even MORE complicated than Mario because Zelda isn't a platformer. The chances of it being "ruined" are MUCH higher than Mario.
zelda is a puzzle game.

what the hell can you ruin
(09-09-2009, 03:17 PM)nicktheslayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2009, 02:59 PM)Tyvon Wrote: [ -> ]

No, it would be easy...

You dont have too pause the game, or even open the item menu, like you did in PH.

Some items would have to be clicked on the bottom, but not eqquiped. (Lens of Truth, because you need other items st the same time. Also, the Spells would do this.

One items at a time wouldnt ruin the game, either. (yaddaunrelatedtostatementyadda). Im thinking about putting a note up there saying id keep the old graphics, because i would.

what a fucking retarded statement this is.

you fail to realize that with the DS almost everything can be done on the touch screen.

you can still have three items out at the same time while other commands can be done on the touch screen.

EDITO:
Quote:Also, im not syaing, "OMG I WANT IT I WANT IT!" I just thought it would be cool, and i got a bit bored and even made a button map.

My headisnt really in the clouds, i just thought that it would be worth 30 bucks to play it anywere we wanted.

(And, as for ruining the console feel, i didnt want the console feel, i wanted a GOOD 3d zelda, for the ds. Unlike PH)

If you actually knew what I meant by "living in the clouds" it would mean you dream too much.

aside from that, you also seem to fail to see that it won't happen in anyway, it's on VC, why bother having it on the DS?
(09-09-2009, 03:21 PM)Champion Shawn Wrote: [ -> ]zelda is a puzzle game.

what the hell can you ruin
zelda is an action RPG/puzzle game, sir
oh no some fight might be made harder because you need to move your hand all the way over to the touch pad!!!!

or some puzzle might require you to use something other than buttons!!!!

THE GAME IS RUINED!
YOU GUYS ARE MISSING THE POINT

OOT ON THE DS WOULD BE GAY >:<

edit: and severely unnecessary since it's been ported and emulated on every console known to man
shut up

you're just an anorexic scene chick

you don't get to have an opinion
Nintendo made a few copies of OOt for the DS. They showed it on Gamesville a few years ago when the DS was first released.
Dunno why they didn't release them to the public.
Pages: 1 2 3 4