The VG Resource

Full Version: Official M.U.G.E.N Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The official M.U.G.E.N thread. Basically a thread for discussing the free source, customizable game. Post Work in Progresses, Stages, Downloads, Character reviews, etc. I know I'm not the only person on TSR who designs characters or plays M.U.G.E.N

I'm currently designing Mukojin for MUGEN using the Tekken Card Challenge game, ripped by Frario.

M.U.G.E.N Wikipedia Link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N
I've thought about getting into M.U.G.E.N. many times, but I don't feel the urge to learn the coding. I'd honestly rather code it myself in GM or something similar. (Which I already am doing, lol)
Tried making a mugen character
quit from difficulty in under an hour

However I have lots of characters hosted on demonoid
if any of you have an account and want em, I'll hook you up
Eh, I just play it when I feel like beating the crap out of stuff but I'm too lazy to leave the computer. EDIT: I was considering making a sheet of that MvC Zach I made a while ago so someone random person could throw that together as a MUGEN character, but... I'm an incredibly slow spriter.
Well, I guess I could post a review for Solid Snake by Seanaltly. This is going to be an unbiased review.

Sound: 9/10
Graphics: 9/10
Gameplay: 6/10
Effort: 10/10
Overall: 8/10

I can see this guy took alot of time making the sprites and ripping the sounds from Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation, but the gameplay consists of mostly unimaginative moves. However, the moves do make perfect sense, I just wish he would have based him off of more than the first game. Other than that, and the fact that he's kind of clunky, and the fact that he is very overrated, he is not a bad character. ...Then again, I would probably like him more if I liked MGS at all.

I also have a review for Shin Ryoga's Mario.

Sound: 8/10
Graphics: 10/10
Gameplay: 10/10
Overall: 10/10

I'm not going to lie, this MUGEN character is awesome. My only complaint is that he uses mostly sounds that almost every Mario MUGEN character has. Other than that, this is one of the best MUGEN characters ever made. ...Even if I hate Mario with a passion.
(09-08-2009, 09:41 PM)Saguchi Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I guess I could post a review for Solid Snake by Seanaltly. This is going to be an unbiased review.

Sound: 9/10
Graphics: 9/10
Gameplay: 6/10
Overall: 8/10

I can see this guy took alot of time making the sprites and ripping the sounds from Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation, but the gameplay consists of mostly unimaginative moves. However, the moves do make perfect sense, I just wish he would have based him off of more than the first game. Other than that, and the fact that he's kind of clunky, and the fact that he is very overrated, he is not a bad character. ...Then again, I would probably like him more if I liked MGS at all.

I also have a review for Shin Ryoga's Mario.

Sound: 8/10
Graphics: 10/10
Gameplay: 10/10
Overall: 10/10

I'm not going to lie, this MUGEN character is awesome. My only complaint is that he uses mostly sounds that almost every Mario MUGEN character has. Other than that, this is one of the best MUGEN characters ever made. ...Even if I hate Mario with a passion.
there's literally no such thing as an unbiased review, and yours shows bias immediately
(09-08-2009, 09:41 PM)Saguchi Wrote: [ -> ]...Even if I hate Mario with a passion.

[Image: tsrRAGEFACE-1.png][Image: tsrRAGEFACE-1.png][Image: tsrRAGEFACE-1.png][Image: tsrRAGEFACE-1.png][Image: tsrRAGEFACE-1.png][Image: tsrRAGEFACE-1.png][Image: tsrRAGEFACE-1.png][Image: tsrRAGEFACE-1.png][Image: tsrRAGEFACE-1.png][Image: tsrRAGEFACE-1.png]
(09-08-2009, 09:41 PM)Saguchi Wrote: [ -> ]...Then again, I would probably like him more if I liked MGS at all.
(09-08-2009, 09:41 PM)Saguchi Wrote: [ -> ]...Even if I hate Mario with a passion.
do you even like videogames
When will someone make a Steve Urkel character?
(09-08-2009, 09:15 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Tried making a mugen character
quit from difficulty in under an hour

However I have lots of characters hosted on demonoid
if any of you have an account and want em, I'll hook you up

What program did you use Viper? The difficulty is practically halfed if you use Fighter Factory, or something along the lines of that. And I have no idea what Demonoid is. Sure as hell getting an account now.

(09-08-2009, 09:41 PM)Saguchi Wrote: [ -> ]This is going to be an unbiased review.
(09-08-2009, 09:41 PM)Saguchi Wrote: [ -> ]I would probably like him more if I liked MGS at all.
(09-08-2009, 09:41 PM)Saguchi Wrote: [ -> ]Even if I hate Mario with a passion.

Hmm.... Yes that is a very unbiased review

(09-08-2009, 11:02 PM)koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]When will someone make a Steve Urkel character?

Most likely around the same time someone sprites him. Unless they just make an edit from a MvC Character.

Also a beta of Mokujin. I have all four standing attacks and every hit animation and guard. No clsn boxes done yet though. Any C+C on him?
(09-09-2009, 07:12 AM)Tyler Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2009, 09:41 PM)Saguchi Wrote: [ -> ]This is going to be an unbiased review.
(09-08-2009, 09:41 PM)Saguchi Wrote: [ -> ]I would probably like him more if I liked MGS at all.
(09-08-2009, 09:41 PM)Saguchi Wrote: [ -> ]Even if I hate Mario with a passion.

Hmm.... Yes that is a very unbiased review

I saw that coming. But what I meant by Unbiased, I meant giving them fair scores based on the actual mugen character itself, not how much I hate the person or the game they're from. Saying I still hate the character doesn't automatically make it biased.

(09-08-2009, 10:58 PM)Tyvon Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2009, 09:41 PM)Saguchi Wrote: [ -> ]...Then again, I would probably like him more if I liked MGS at all.
do you even like videogames

I'm pretty much fine with almost anything that's not Mario or a shooting game.

PS: I can understand you guys aren't trying to be mean, but now I am wondering if you actually read the reviews.
(09-09-2009, 03:30 PM)Saguchi Wrote: [ -> ]PS: I can understand you guys aren't trying to be mean, but now I am wondering if you actually read the reviews.

Yes. I am disappointed though that you said nothing about the character's AI, an important part of the character.
I want to see the snake sprites.
were can I see the snake sprites?
(09-09-2009, 03:30 PM)Saguchi Wrote: [ -> ]I saw that coming. But what I meant by Unbiased, I meant giving them fair scores based on the actual mugen character itself, not how much I hate the person or the game they're from. Saying I still hate the character doesn't automatically make it biased.

yes it does
I don't want to argue. Let's just say you're right and leave it at that. But the scores I gave them are based on what I think think they deserve, not my hatred for those characters.

(09-09-2009, 07:57 PM)Tyler Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2009, 03:30 PM)Saguchi Wrote: [ -> ]PS: I can understand you guys aren't trying to be mean, but now I am wondering if you actually read the reviews.

Yes. I am disappointed though that you said nothing about the character's AI, an important part of the character.

Oh, sorry. Solid Snake has some noticable AI, but it's not very tough. Super Mario is a beast though, But a very skilled player should be able to beat him with almost anyone.