The VG Resource

Full Version: Character Tweaks [revamped first post!]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Revamped as of 12/1/2009 by Tyvon. Tweaks are to be discussed as a group and removed/added accordingly.

Mario
Quote:FLUDD's knockback needs to be MUCH stronger, the FLUDD needs to be "aimable" and it should be able to put out fire/nullify fire projectiles. Or something of that level.
Quote:I doubt this would work, but you know how FLUDD stays charged? What if that altered marios B moves for one use?

For example, if you charge it, then hit ^B, it becomes the rocket nozzle. I don't know, just a thought.
Quote:Yeah, the down B is the normal nozzle, press B and that would be the hover, the side B would be the turbo nozzle, and the up B is the Rocket, or maybe every now and then, the Up B nozzle would change, to either the Rocket, or the hover...
Quote:You can change th "mode" of the FLUDD via taunt. There is the normal mode (like in Brawl) and some "hovering mode" (which can be used for recovery).
Quote:If we go with the FLUDD alternate B moves thing, I think it should be this.

UpB - Hover
B - Spray
Foward B - Turbo
Down B - Rocket (He could blast up and then do that super ground pound from SMS that was used in the final fight with Bowser)
(We need to pick one.)

Luigi
I'd like to give him a new intro. Maybe something SMB2 related, like coming out of a Sub-Con door.
Quote:I think his FS should be more related to Luigi's Mansion. Maybe black and white instead of green, some creepy music, and some Boo Hoos flying around.
Quote:Luigi's Down B should be changed IMO. Maybe an evasive attack, such as the Tannooki Statue from SMB3?
Quote:All of Luigi's move should have a different special altered effect. Fireball can randomly thunderball, headbutt thing randomly explodes, Super Jump Punch has the exploding when close effect, and the tornado... how about it can randomly generate a small tornado on it that can suck up nearby objects? I dunno.

Peach
Should have Parry instead of a generic parasol.
Quote:Peach could have attacks based on her "emotions" from SPP. There's no need to change how attacks work, maybe just how they look.
Like for instance, when Peach floats, we could use an animation based on when Peach is in the joyful state that she floats arounds laughing. And have two A-smash attack based on her raging and crying states. Also, her B attack (that I never really understood what the hell was that) could be a counter with Perry. I remember Perry having an ability to grab an enemy or something like that, which could be a grab.

Ganondorf
People want to change his moveset, but I think it should stay the same for the most part.

Toon Link
Whole new moveset based on his own games.
Example 1
Example 2
Example 3
Example 4

Mewtwo
Quote: Smash B-Psywave
Fires off a medium-range wave that deals small knockback and collective damage. Press repeatedly to keep waving.
Down B- Disable
Fires off a small-range eyeblast that cancels the enemy's action. The higher the damage, the longer the effect lasts. If Mewtwo is directly attacked when using Disable, the enemy will receive a strong stun effect.

Fox/Falco
Illusion/Phantasm should have ledge brakes.

Falco Only
Controllable Arwing FS, as suggested by Tyvon

Wolf
Wolfen/Clusterbomb FS, as suggested by Tyvon

Ness/Lucas
Should they both still have Starstorm?

Ness Only
Buff PK Thunder.
Quote:I also say don't weaken Ness's bat like they do in the series.
I say strengthen it!
Quote:I also posted something a while back that I think we should change about Ness. The slingshot is the only weapon type that isn't represented in Smash, so I say that his up smash be changed to slingshot.

Roy
Changed or new moveset.

Snake
Entire fanboy rant can be found here.

Pit
Needs to be rebalanced.

Yoshi
Quote:-B Tongue comes out faster. The move itself already has limited effect, you might as well make it fast.
-B Up can be held for better aim.
-B Side works like Wario's Bike, Yoshi can leap out of his egg as a third jump. Much like Wario can jump off his bike. Yoshi Egg Roll will also have more aerial distance. Good recovery.
Quote:Tongue is already fast enough; instead, it should be a bit longer, but retain its current speed.
Quote:Give Yoshi a Tether. he's been asking for one since Melee =o

Gooey/Yoshi
Quote:What if we have Gooey with the shorter but faster tongue and Yoshi with a longer but slower one?

Jigglypuff
Quote:I think Jigglypuff's Down-B (Rest) should have a bit more range (like directly in the back and front of it as opposed to 'inside' Jigglypuff) and a bit less knockback and damage, but keep the flower. Or maybe change the move into something else (Here's some other moves: Takedown, Double-Edge, Gyro Ball, Wake-Up Slap, Hyper Voice.....Defense Curl?).

I also think Jigglypuff's Up-B (Sing) should be more effective (opponents stay sleep a bit longer, so that Jiggy can do whatever, since opponents can't fall asleep in the air...). I also think Sing should make it lightly levitate upwards, or at the very least fall at a slow speed. Or you could change Sing to Down-B IF you plan on exchanging Rest with another attack.

And sorry for being somewhat picky about this one, but I think the Pokemon's moveset should be moves from the Pokemon games, or change the names of the moves. Since I've been talking about Jigglypuff, I'll use it as an example. Since "Puff Up" is not an actual PKMN attack, maybe Jiggy's FS could be something different, like a Strength-looking move or something. However, that may seem a litte drastic; you could just call the move something else (It does kinda look like it could be a few other moves: Hyper Voice, Frustration, Secret Power, Strength, Natural Gift, Last Resort).

Sonic
Quote:Should there be more of a difference between Sonic's Side-B and Down-B?
Quote:I think Sonics intro should be him being flown in by Tails on the Tornado.

Ike
Quote:Allow Ike to Aether out of a Quick Draw. Gives him more recovery.

Kirby
Quote:Give Kirby some punishment for spamming Stone. After the third consecutive stone, give Kirby like, 5%. Same with Pikachu and his Thunder.

Donkey Kong
Quote:Give DK the ability to Ground his opponents using his Down B. Like, a 10% chance or something.

Pokemon Trainer
Quote:also, a Seismic Toss grab attack for Charizard, he seriously needs one

Miscellaneous
Quote:You know that Yoshi has his Egg for a shield, then why not have all the turtle/turtle beasts use their shells as a shield. I think it will make it a little more unique and different.
Mewtwo is fine, I think. Maybe just make him not so easy to KO and have him do a bit more damage. One of the Mother characters should get a new FS and maybe A different UpB/DownB.
Mario: FLUDD's knockback needs to be MUCH stronger, the FLUDD needs to be "aimable" and it should be able to put out fire/nullify fire projectiles. Or something of that level.
Ganondorf: Needs to use a moveset that involves his sword and some of his actual magic moves. Even though he's based on his TP appearance, he should use some of the magic from OoT.
Falco's moveset is fine, but change Up B from fire to something else.
I have no opinion on Ness and Lucas; I think them both having Starstorm is just fine.

Roy's movelist should honestly stay the same in my opinion; Marth's been changed enough to the point where Roy's movelist should be fine. It's just like Falco; Fox gets the changes and Falco stays "retro" but still gets his own original A attacks. Just change his animations around and maybe some of the effects and you're good to go.
Marth's Dancing Blade doesn't have the slight midair forward movement anymore, so Roy should be able to keep that in his Dancing Blade combos. Roy's Up B should go up slower and have a different animation but do collective damage instead of one big "just right" hit. Roy should have the second-strongest Counter, with Ike's being the top, and Roy's timing should also be inbetween. Roy's Charge B should have the biggest striking radius, whereas Ike has the strongest strike and Marth having the shield break effect.
I don't know much about FE so someone else would have to come up with a Final Smash for Roy.
I assume that Roy's FS would be one that you have to aim at someone, to fit with the other sword users (Link, Ike, Marth, Toon Link, Metaknight).
In my opinion, I think that Ness has to have PK Starstorm, but I would change the FS of Lucas. Maybe PK Love is a good Final Smash for Lucas. When Lucas gets the Smash Ball and use his FS, a shining harsh turquoise lights appears around the characters that are near of Lucas ratio and, finally, is produced a explotion.

For the new Luigi's intro, he can open a door from Luigi's Mansion, enter frightened with his torch and keep the torch.

I like the idea for the new Peach's parasol. ^^
Falco should use an Arwing instead of a landmaster. I have no comments on Wolf.
I think ness' should be changed to Psi rockin or whatever its called
Falco's Final Smash should be a combination Captain Falcon/Snake.

Falco calls for the Arwing, and it flies in from the background. If anybody gets hit by it, it does the amount of damage dealed when the Landmaster lands on a player, but the hit radius is the same as the Blue Falcon. Regardless if it hits anybody or not, Falco hops in the Arwing and the view switches to a first person zoomed-in view, similar to Snake's Final Smash but with the Star Fox 64 GUI and HUD. (An alternative is that he just hops in the Arwing and it shows the Arwing in the foreground with the Starfox 64 aiming reticle.) A fires blasts, holding A charges them, and B fires bombs. The blasts would do minimal damage, whereas a charge has the destructive power of one of Snake's RGB-6 grenades. B fires Smart Bombs (the item) that detonate immediately upon "reaching" the battlefield. There is a recharge time for Smart Bombs and Charge Blasts.

Wolf's Final Smash should be him jumping in a Wolfen, as Star Wolf flies across the screen in an air strike. This one's much simpler than Falco and Fox's, so it will be a lot more predictable, but it'll also be harder to dodge, as gunfire and bombs trace across the battlefield.
How's this for a Toon Link moveset?

Lone B - Whirlwind from Spirit Tracks
Side B - Mole Gauntlets from Minish Cap
Up B - Hurricane Spin from Wind Waker
Down B - Bombchu from Phantom Hourglass

@Sky_Blue_Wiggler - NAY! Keep Luigi's Down B the same. It differs him from Mario. Although if you REALLY want a special of his to change, how about Thunderhand from M&LUnsureS for Luigi's lone special?
I doubt this would work, but you know how FLUDD stays charged? What if that altered marios B moves for one use?

For example, if you charge it, then hit ^B, it becomes the rocket nozzle. I don't know, just a thought.

As for Toon Link, I think it should combine elements from any game that used the TL design, including minish cap.
(09-08-2009, 04:59 PM)Shyguy Grey Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt this would work, but you know how FLUDD stays charged? What if that altered marios B moves for one use?

This idea owns pretty hard.
That Rocket Nozzle idea is pretty rad.
(09-08-2009, 05:02 PM)Tyvon Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2009, 04:59 PM)Shyguy Grey Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt this would work, but you know how FLUDD stays charged? What if that altered marios B moves for one use?

This idea owns pretty hard.

this concurrence owns pretty hard
Yeah, the down B is the normal nozzle, press B and that would be the hover, the side B would be the turbo nozzle, and the up B is the Rocket, or maybe every now and then, the Up B nozzle would change, to either the Rocket, or the hover...
(09-08-2009, 05:12 PM)mutantyoshi Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, the down B is the normal nozzle, press B and that would be the hover, the side B would be the turbo nozzle, and the up B is the Rocket, or maybe every now and then, the Up B nozzle would change, to either the Rocket, or the hover...
I could mostly be Hover and rarely be Rocket