The VG Resource

Full Version: POKEALMOSTGODS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I actually had an idea of redesigning 4th and 3rd gen pokemon as if they were from the first one and spriting them in a midterm of Green and Red/Blue styles. But then I got lazy.

Then Devicho did it with Arceus and it was a major step forward for me.

[Image: sableyeandrayray-1.png]

So I decided to do it with Rayquasa and Sableye c:

I KNOW IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS DEVICHO'S ARCEUS I JUST DID IT FOR FUN ;O;
Not bad at all! In fact I think they're quite good =)

Keep it up.
Rayquaza doesn't look like Rayquaza. :/
I like Rayquaza. He looks very... early. He'd totally fit in with the other red/blue pokemon.

Sableye too, but Rayquaza more so.
(09-06-2009, 10:18 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]Rayquaza doesn't look like Rayquaza. :/

(09-06-2009, 10:07 PM)Rökkan Wrote: [ -> ]redesigning

but yes, now that I look at it, he doesn't resemble much, I'll give him some changes.
changes done

[Image: sableyeandrayray-2.png]

not that much, but I guess it looks more rayquaza-y
that rayquaza still doesnt look right, there's too much black and that throws it out the style, get rid of all that and make the whole eye black with a white dot for the pupil, THEN it will look like rayquaza, and make the nose longer and pointier too, rayquaza doesnt even have that type of nose, he looks like gyarados. sableye looks good though, but that rayquaza still needs a massive makeover.
What Jar said, I made a little edit: [Image: 2e4avf4.png]
They're good, but I like Sableye the best. Fits perfectly with the style.
The first Raquaza is sooo much better.

Nothing really resembles what it looks like in the first games nowadays.
Just look at Articuno, or Eevee, or Pikachu. Especially Pikachu.

I think that this would be a good project to start up.
Pikachu used to be chubby and cute, now he's just... ugh

also how does the first look better? looks too much like gyarados to me.
It's the smoothest looking of the three, and "Raquaza eyes" (all black with white dot) don't match this style.
I gotta say, I agree. the first is definitely the best. Most of you are forgetting that 3/4 of the Pokemon in R/B/G don't look a THING like their current counterparts.
However, rayquaza still needs a longer snout. He looks too much like Gyarados.
(09-07-2009, 12:59 PM)Tyvon Wrote: [ -> ]I gotta say, I agree. the first is definitely the best. Most of you are forgetting that 3/4 of the Pokemon in R/B/G don't look a THING like their current counterparts.

case in point: Koffing
I disagree with most people say, even though it looks nice, the black doesn't fit at all, and the black eye with the white dot MANY pokemon DO have, but sam's edit wasn't specifically what i was talking about, it's best to see what rokkan does before jumping to a conclusion that the first one is in style, when some parts clearly are not. All the excessive black really isn't necessary, and the face could still look a lil more like rayquaza, you're not at that limit yet.
Pages: 1 2