The VG Resource

Full Version: Muramasa Demon Blade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Awesome game, picked it up Friday at gamestop. Apparently the true launch isn't until this Tuesday for people who didn't pre-order lol.
Not only that there was an event in the Nintendo World Store to celebrate launch. Kinda dopey though and some truly horrific cosplay.

I really need more time in my day to play this game though. Maybe I'll quit my job.

Anyway, made by the producers of Odin Sphere and Grim Grimoire, you follow the journeys of two young samurai through feudal Japan. Everything in the game is 2D sprites [the art kinda feels like KOFXII but...not]- and honestly, this game beats the crap out of WarioLand Shake It in that regard. I really like the combo system in battles, and especially like the sword-forging system with like 80 different swords your character can use, each with unique abilities.
Only thing I don't like is that there's no English language track; only Japanese with subtitles. ):

it's

it's a beautiful game ;_____;
because it actually IS A GAME on the wii holy shit

[oh and it has GCN controller support you "gamer" extremely distinguished gentlemen. classic controller does it so much better though]
I was looking into this game a while back, I'm really considering Picking it up
I want this. Soooo bad.
i wanna have sex with the disk

im so getting it when i can
this is a game that i want

but i have no wii

NO WII
game?

wii?

fun?

WANT
playing it atm
pretty fucking awesome
Likewise, got it today. Played it for a few hours without stopping, which means that it's worth picking up. I rarely do that anymore.

Truly a fantastic game.

Although switching between the two characters is rather... Annoying - I feel like the choice is not pushed enough. I played as the female character for ages and only then remembered I could even play as the male because I was thinking about ripping the sprites. In order to change the stories, you have to actually quit and load your file again... A bit odd.
It's a pretty fun game, and the graphics are beautiful, pretty much everything is hand drawn. Tons of weapons to get, each with different special abilities.
where the hell do I find this thing.
I've looked everywhere
gamestop

also dazz; I looked ages ago into ripping this. too hard.
all the sprites are high-res and multiple segments. Kind of like Paper Mario TTYD except a good two dozen more parts for each player character.