The VG Resource

Full Version: Paper Rosalina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I made a Paper Rosalina sheet, edited from Paper Peach. It took me a total of (maybe) 3 or 4 hours.
Here's the icon:
[Image: PaperRosalinaIcon.png]
And here's the sheet:
[Image: PaperRosalina.png]
The colours are too bright by far. It's also painfully obvious you've recoloured Peach by the way her open mouth is blue.

Try harder. Moved to Sprite Discussion.
^what he said^
and at least try, not to be kidding us, you can't have spent 3-4 hours on it, I can make that, in about 5 minutes. using the stupid eraser tool, and on top of that, make her look more like rosalina, instead of a bright blue gothic chick, I've can even see you did edit 'something' and it's not even in all the poses, now don't tell me I'm wrong, cuz you've got lots of mistakes, you don't even have her floating in the air
(09-06-2009, 09:30 AM)bnewton Wrote: [ -> ]^what he said^
and at least try, not to be kidding us, you can't have spent 3-4 hours on it, I can make that, in about 5 minutes. using the stupid eraser tool, and on top of that, make her look more like rosalina, instead of a bright blue gothic chick, I've can even see you did edit 'something' and it's not even in all the poses, now don't tell me I'm wrong, cuz you've got lots of mistakes, you don't even have her floating in the air
what nice critisism........

It's supposed to help them improve, not to make them feel like idiots....

you can just make her float by the sprite being a little higher than the foreground.....Rolleyes

As for the rosalina, I remember her hair being a little shorter in the back, and the paper mario colors are dull. Keep that in mind. the blue's might need a little more contrast, and semmed to have a little green in them. I would also maybe make one hand holding a wand or something to show some creativity. And maybe you could make a completely custom luna, because I remember them being shiny and having a little of a different shape.

Good start, though
something leaning closer to this.

[Image: rosalinapaper.png]
^ needs more should shown ^
(09-06-2009, 09:30 AM)bnewton Wrote: [ -> ]^what he said^

Actually, it did take me a while, because I'm not very good with many things like this.
First off, try looking around the various Paper Mario sprites for a palette. The colors you have are much too bright and do not fit the style at all. Second, her dress should not look like an edit of Peach's, even if it is. Her dress exposes her neck and shoulders, and does not have puffy sleeves. It does not have a band around the waist, either.

Try fixing these up first. If there's still something you need help on I'll pick at it later.
Not too bad. The Colors are too bright, and saturated.
what baegal did seems to be a heckuvalot closer to rosalina to me... and he double-posted! wow, the thread isn't even old, or his! lol anyway, if my critisicm is supposed to be sugar-coated, then am I giving the kind of critisicm I get? no.

but still, Warcraft100, here's how to do a basic recolor in paint, first, put the color you want to recolor in the left click color, then put the color you want to recolor to the right click color, then click on the eraser tool, and then, left click over the sprite you want to recolor, and then you are done with one color, so try another, it's super easy, btw the 'right click color' is white at default, the 'left click color' is black at default, so that's pretty much how to recolor easily. And recolors are not accepted for submission at thespritersresource, so don't try it.
This isn't simply a recolor, bnewton.
Also, holding down ctrl and pressing + or - on the numpad adjusts the size of the eraser. This is what actually makes the eraser process fast for larger sprites.

Anyways...besides their faces, peach and rosalina are pretty different. An edit of peach most likely wouldn't become a very good/accurate rosalina.
Very nice,anything else from mario glaxy?
like this?[img]rosa[/img]
(11-28-2009, 09:55 PM)IInoxi Wrote: [ -> ]like this?[img]rosa[/img]
the one with out legs is for her bike heh heh
oh god
(11-28-2009, 10:41 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]oh god
Pages: 1 2