The VG Resource

Full Version: New Super Mario Bros. Bros. Rip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I ripped the NSMB Mario Bros. (Rolleyes can't believe no one's done it)!
[Image: MarioBros.png]
[Image: MarioIcon1.png]
Oh, and this is like, my first rip on THIS site. My other ones... Been ripped on this site.
If you say, "O rly?"
You'll get, "Quite rly."
(Strange Note)
This took a really, really, REALLY long time. I knew Luigi was in the game, I didn't know how to get him (until I looked carefully at the Save? end screen that appears after the credits and saw "L + A = (Luigi)).
Sorry, TSR doesn't accept 3D rips, which is why no one has bothered to rip these.
(09-05-2009, 09:52 AM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, TSR doesn't accept 3D rips, which is why no one has bothered to rip these.

Well, theirs enemies from this game (new super mario bros.) who were ripped and accepted take a look here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/news...index.html
I think TSR doesn't accept "pure 3d" like "super mario 64 ds" where it has countless "sprites" but "new super mario bros." has only a "3d look"....
I might be wrong but it sounds "logical" to me
(09-05-2009, 10:30 AM)magicsnake Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2009, 09:52 AM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, TSR doesn't accept 3D rips, which is why no one has bothered to rip these.

Well, theirs enemies from this game (new super mario bros.) who were ripped and accepted take a look here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/news...index.html
I think TSR doesn't accept "pure 3d" like "super mario 64 ds" where it has countless "sprites" but "new super mario bros." has only a "3d look"....
I might be wrong but it sounds "logical" to me
Yeah, It's like Donkey Kong Country. They Ripped DK, Diddy, and a bunch of other DK Country Guys.
(Can we get a mod in here or something? To answer if it's 3d or just looks 3d?)
I did read something on the game's page about it having 3d looks.
(If I tried to rip Bowser or something, wouldn't be easy.)
Mario and Luigi are 3d characters in a 2d world.
The enemies are 2d characters drawn in 3d and then turned into 2d sprites.

Donkey Kong Country trilogy was all 2d sprites modeled in 3d, and then turned into 2d sprites. If you had camera controls, and zoomed into Mario and Luigi, they would be the same zoomed in or out (only smaller), zoom in on an enemy, and they look like a pixelated mess.

Its like the rooms in Resident Evil. They aren't 3d, they are 2d rooms modeled in 3d before being converted to 2d.

Its called prerendering.
xdonthave1xx explains it all. In fact, this was already put on the "Submit to tSR" page as well.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/submit/
Ah you could texture rip them.
[Image: dkavy.png]
WHAT ABOUT THE VILLAINS!? THEY GOT POSTED!!!!
Uh, don't read the thing under.the ape. If you do.............. Never mind.
But the enemies were posted, and they do NOT look like a mess.
Just like somebody said they did.
How do you get "textures" from something that looks 2d!?

Sorry, bad temper.
This has been argued and discussed so many times that I'm bored of telling everyone about it.

Players = 3D Models
Enemies = Pre-rendered sprites
Maps = 2D Elements
Can you prove the enemies are 2d bit, I tried looking in the ROM itself and all I ever found for the enemies were textures?
Quoted from Ragey's site:

Quote:Some people don't realise it, but 3D and 2D graphics are entirely different things! 2D graphics are what's been talked about for the whole thing and unless they're layered sprites, are stored so every frame of animation is viewable (layered sprites have them in pieces). 3D graphics just have the model itself saved and the animation data stored in such a way that it's probably kind of impossible to see unless you did a hell of a lot of reverse engineering. Or something. Don't quote me on that one!

In simpler terms, here's New Super Mario Bros.
[Image: ripsprites-3dgraphics1.PNG]
Here we have Mario and a Goomba. Both appear 3D, but one is actually 2D. Confused?
[Image: goomba.png]
Zooming in by a disgusting amount, we see that the Goomba is dithered, leaving grey spots on his edges and heavily blurred eyes, while Mario is relatively sharp with his blue eyes shining bright. That's because Mario is a 3D model, while the Goomba is just a sprite. It's all in prerendered graphics: A 3D model, positioned in frames and made into sprites either to save space (NSMB), to get past system limitations (Donkey Kong Country) or just to pretend to look cool even though it makes the art style look contrasting and ugly (Mario vs. Donkey Kong).

Mario, on the other hand, is 3D. He's stored in the DS 3D graphics file style, he isn't ugly and pixelated when enlarged (in-game, of course), and can essentially have unlimited animation. You could rip his graphics or any of the other 3D characters, but you could potentially do it forever, as there are all kinds of things to take in like angle, lighting and just about everything. Quite simply, sprite ripping should be kept to what are sprites, and 3D stuff should just be ripped by their models. It's only common sense!
Well, damn, I figured out why I didn't find anything, the enemies are tiled, I was looking for linear graphics.

Actually some of them may be 3d still, I took 3 savestates (1-1, 1-Castle, and 2-Castle) and only Goombas, Troopas, and a Podoboo show up, Dry Bones, Bowser, and the Pokey boss didn't even show up, so some enemies and bosses can't be ripped as sprites.
Okay, I guess they are 3d. Please, no more arguing. Oh, well, I have other rips I could do anyway.Blank