The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic3Gen Sprites (WIP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah, I started editing a Sonic3 sprite with the intension of making it look like it's in the latest Generation of 2D Sonic. This is what came out of it:
[Image: newsonic3gen.png]
[Image: GenS3.png]

C&C Welcome
The palette is pretty bad....
Read this.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...ght=hi-rez
Specifically, the 13th and 17th posts.
(09-04-2009, 11:19 AM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]The palette is pretty bad....
Read this.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...ght=hi-rez
Specifically, the 13th and 17th posts.
Thanks ViperShark, That helped quite a bit. By the way, I made them differently. My way was just smoothing out the pixels already in the sprite I x2.

I'll try it the other way as I saw and see what happens however I'm not pixel artist.
Edit: While Making this post I finished thease so........
[Image: newsonic3gen-1.png] SuperSonic is not final, I am open to C&C.
[Image: AllRecolorsMustDie.png] ((I know Shadows Hand Is awfull Shy ))
(09-04-2009, 12:07 PM)Blazefirelp Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks ViperShark, That helped quite a bit. By the way, I made them differently. My way was just smoothing out the pixels already in the sprite I x2.

I can tell. Believe it or not, I tried that once too, though yours came out a bit better.
[Image: Sonic-1.png]

Also, I made an update to mine a long time ago as well. (It wasn't posted in that thread, though.)
[Image: SonicHDTry2-2.png]
The bottom one is the update, and has a bigger palette and AA. It's hard to see zoomed out, but it has smoother shading.
(09-04-2009, 01:28 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2009, 12:07 PM)Blazefirelp Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks ViperShark, That helped quite a bit. By the way, I made them differently. My way was just smoothing out the pixels already in the sprite I x2.

I can tell. Believe it or not, I tried that once too, though yours came out a bit better.
[Image: Sonic-1.png]

Also, I made an update to mine a long time ago as well. (It wasn't posted in that thread, though.)
[Image: SonicHDTry2-2.png]
The bottom one is the update, and has a bigger palette and AA. It's hard to see zoomed out, but it has smoother shading.

Wait a sec, Didn't Someone else make that Sonic3 PixelArt?
Tyvon did the one in the tutorial.
If you reread the thread, I made a (bad) attempt at it, and asked for crits.
Tyvon posted the tutorial after that, and then on the second page is my first attempt at the same sprite that Tyvon did.
The one I just posted was the update to my own sprite.
(09-04-2009, 02:55 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Tyvon did the one in the tutorial.
If you reread the thread, I made a (bad) attempt at it, and asked for crits.
Tyvon posted the tutorial after that, and then on the second page is my first attempt at the same sprite that Tyvon did.
The one I just posted was the update to my own sprite.
Oh, I see. Atm, For the sake of this thread. I'm making another one but Showing step by step how I did it + While trying to fix it up to be moer detailed.
PS: Do you remember me from Pixeltendo?
PPS: The mouth on Your Sonic Pix-Art is A bit to long near the Left of the Eyes edge.
Blaze The Hedgehog, right?
You were on my MSN and disappeared.
You kept making new games using Multimedia Fusion and never finishing them.
(09-04-2009, 04:33 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Blaze The Hedgehog, right?
You were on my MSN and disappeared.
You kept making new games using Multimedia Fusion and never finishing them.
Thats me Cute. I have a new email since msn would sign it in anymore and I could re-add my list so. Ill glady PM u my new one if you'd want.
sure.
(09-05-2009, 12:19 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]sure.
Do you happen to have any Custom Advance Poses/Sprites?
Nope.
Haven't worked on a sonic fangame in forever.
(09-06-2009, 05:43 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Nope.
Haven't worked on a sonic fangame in forever.
Do you remember when you made a spring for me? XD
I think. I remember I made title cards for you.
Any progress on your HD Sonic?
3rd poster
Pages: 1 2