The VG Resource

Full Version: Original! surprisingly.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 2ir94b6.png][Image: 25fpudz.png]
here's probably my first totally original sprite ever. his Name is Otto Seppälä, the story im making is gonna be set in Finland and its him against all odds Tongue, so tell me about this start, one thing i notice now that im look at it is that i need to fix his shoes, so if you have any other critiques or comments tell me. im actually excited about this one.
EDIT: IGNORE the sprite over Mine, thats old and useless now.
You mean aside from the fact that it's the exact same character over again?
change your characters. every single one of them is a black haired guy with a black shirt with white details, black shoes, black fingerless gloves, and ripped jeans.
make your characters different from each other so people can actually tell the difference between them.
edit- and they're all in the same pose.
here

i'm gonna give you a challenge to try and stop you from doing this again

make a guy in a white tuxedo with cane and neon pink hair
edit: and make him ride a skateboard
Viper:um...he has brown hair, goggles, a new face, a hat, jeans, and a jacket, the gloves are for FINLAND, its fuckin cold there, i guess i can change the shoes, and his pose is different. also, thats not supposed to be ripped jeans..and he's not a fan character.
its a totally different character.

and to Aunt Vag: he's different though, if only you saw my drawings, then you would see how different i make my characters ;.;

after all he's just reaching for his gun, i guess could lower his arm though. what can i do about tops, i really only know how to make jackets, should it just be a tee?
Upon closer inspection, I see the brown hair now. sorry.

However, the pose is still the same (standing with one arm bent up etc)
The jeans are still ripped
and you don't wear fingerless glove if it's cold that defeats the purpose

at the very least, change his palette
i got that pallette after i was viciously buttraped by gizmonic for my old pallette, do you just mean different colors?
and its hard to shoot a gun with thick gloves, i learnt that from hunting.
fingers =/= thick
yes, I mean change his colors
alright, hmm, how does blue, and white sound?
or did you mean his color choice sucks?
it means stop using blue and black for every one of your characters
those are my favorite colors, i cant help it, im using white and red this time, and im trying to think of a good top, what'd be a good top for him if he's in Finland like i said he'll be.
stop backpedaling.

if you want to impress us sprite what aunt vagina said to sprite and break out of your comfort zone.
(09-02-2009, 06:45 PM)Aunt Vagina Wrote: [ -> ]here

i'm gonna give you a challenge to try and stop you from doing this again

make a guy in a white tuxedo with cane and neon pink hair
edit: and make him ride a skateboard
this sprite actually is out of my comfort zone, i've never done what im doing now before, i really dont think this is back pedalling, i erased everything but his head, so im redoing it as we speak.
and by telling me to do something you find original, is not original by me, its your idea, so in reality your just backpedaling me. look, my characters might have a slight resemblance, but everyone has their own style, and every piece they make, even if its very small, they share a resemblance.
[Image: 25fpudz.png]
here's one of the two costume's im thinking of, which combo of colors works best in your minds hm? im either opting for version 2 or 3.
3 by far looks the best
Pages: 1 2