The VG Resource

Full Version: Animate this Sprite?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: CaptainN.png]

Can someone animate this?

Idle stance. 1-3 frames
Running, about 5 frames
Shooting a Nes zapper 2-4 frames
Shooting a Wii zapper 2-4 frames
Shooting a SUper Scope 2-4 frames
Jumping, 1-2 frames.

You will get credit!
Captain N? What is this for?
(09-02-2009, 11:00 AM)Kilgore Trout Wrote: [ -> ]Captain N? What is this for?

A platformer based on the cartoon, with many characters. Like the Subspace Emissary, and captain N combined.
Well if you're making a platformer and can't even put in the effort to animate sprites for it, I don't imagine the game will be all that good.
Or at least get yourself a spriter. Don't just request.
Who made the sprite?
(09-02-2009, 12:08 PM)Kilgore Trout Wrote: [ -> ]Or at least get yourself a spriter. Don't just request.
Who made the sprite?

I got the sprite off of a website that hasnt had a post since about 2003.

As for doing it myself, i can barely draw still piscture of people, and i cat animate anything like this.

As for other sprites, i got them from the TSR sprite archive, mostly in the SSB section, so i dont need a long term spriter.

If you really want me to try, i will, just to show you i did, but it wont be pretty...
so you stole a sprite and asked people to animate it

and are very clearly going to style clash for a game that won't get finished. ever.(don't kid yourself, you're not gonna finish this)
way to go
(09-02-2009, 01:53 PM)Aunt Vagina Wrote: [ -> ]so you stole a sprite and asked people to animate it

and are very clearly going to style clash for a game that won't get finished. ever.(don't kid yourself, you're not gonna finish this)
way to go

The styles dont really clash that much. I chose the sprite style, that looked close in every character for the sprites. The style ended up being somewhat realistic, actually.

Believe me, it will get done.
No, it won't. Not if you're randomly asking in a random forum for a random spriter.
Sorry.
(09-02-2009, 10:50 PM)Kilgore Trout Wrote: [ -> ]No, it won't. Not if you're randomly asking in a random forum for a random spriter.
Sorry.

Randomly asking? SHould i tell you guys a date that ill ask on, then ask then?

Random forum? Its the SPRITERS Rescource Forum.

Random spriteer? Yes,

But that IS what the request forum is for, isnt it?
What I'm saying is, you're going about it the wrong way. Get to know the spriters on this forum. Eye someone you think has the attitude, skill/talent, and productivity you think you could work with. PM/YM/msn him/her, talk about the terms of the project, etc. Build a team. Because the way you're going now, a "random spriter" would have no commitment; he might be good, but he could leave the project any time he prefers to, and BAM. No more project. Or he could decide that he doesn't need you at all, BAM your project just got stolen.

A game project requires more thinking than:
1. Stealing a sprite (did you at least try contacting the creator?).
2. Downloading existing content from TSR.
3. Requesting.

I'm just trying to help.

Another thing is, do you know how to program/code for games?
(09-04-2009, 07:18 PM)Kilgore Trout Wrote: [ -> ]What I'm saying is, you're going about it the wrong way. Get to know the spriters on this forum. Eye someone you think has the attitude, skill/talent, and productivity you think you could work with. PM/YM/msn him/her, talk about the terms of the project, etc. Build a team. Because the way you're going now, a "random spriter" would have no commitment; he might be good, but he could leave the project any time he prefers to, and BAM. No more project. Or he could decide that he doesn't need you at all, BAM your project just got stolen.

A game project requires more thinking than:
1. Stealing a sprite (did you at least try contacting the creator?).
2. Downloading existing content from TSR.
3. Requesting.

I'm just trying to help.

Another thing is, do you know how to program/code for games?

Well, because i had the sprites i needed, i would only need the one sprite. Thats not much of a commitment, because that is all they would have to do. As for building a team, i am an Admin of Slayer games, but we have no spriters.

I myself cant program, i am the designer/story-writer for this game, as well as the others. My programmer uses gml, but the others in our group use something else. (Im pretty sure its C++)

I might make a sprite project here, and see if others can help me. I know we already have the SSB project, but mine is different. Its more of an arcade style game, with a HealthBar and such.

Do you think this will work?