The VG Resource

Full Version: The Oregon Trail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My first sprite submission. The original Oregon Trail game on the PC.

[Image: theoregontrailicon.png]
[Image: locationsicon.png] [Image: miscellaneousicon.png]
Wow. This brings back memories. Maybe this shows my age, but I remember playing this in middle school in computer class. In all the attempts I've ever made, I only got to Oregon once, and with one person left. In fact, I remember that from elementary school until about halfway through middle school, we used the old black thin floppy discs.

Wow. Always picked banker just for the cash bonus. And actually, more times than not only didn't get to complete the game due to class ending.

Now I'm rambling, but I also remember a game where it was the future and the legal age to run for president was dropped significantly. The idea was to try to be elected president. I think I had a robot as my VP candidate. I forget if I ever completed that one or if I won the election.

Wow. Oregon Trail. I want to say you need to resize them (both) and clean up the border along the sides of the "Locations" sheet.

You plan on doing the hunting minigame? And the one time I got to Oregon, there was a minigame option if you ended up at a river and was too cheap or poor you could manually raft your wagon down it (barely survived that one if I remember correctly). Considering how cruel of a run this game is, I wish you or whoever decides to get that one the best of luck.
Haha, I am glad these brought back memories. They do the same for me.

I am working on the sheet for the hunting mini-game but there are surprisingly quite a few more sprites for that one so it is taking longer.

Alright, so I resized both sheets and evened out the border on the two sides of the locations sheet. I also fixed the blue box on the misc. sheet too because it was a bit off and it was bothering me.
These are pretty rad, nice work! Big Grin
They look stretched to me. Are they?
(08-31-2009, 12:11 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]They look stretched to me. Are they?
No, they shouldn't be stretched at all. I reduced them both in size by 50% but I wouldn't stretch the sprites or anything. The screenshots from the location sheet are wider than they are tall because there was usually text on the bottom that I cropped out, if that is what might have made you think they were stretched?
Just because of the immense size. But ok, that's cool.