The VG Resource

Full Version: HyperGumba´s Rips (mainly Kirby)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since no one answered me in the sprite discussion board I´ve been searching tSR for PNG-sheets with transparent bg´s. I found some,so mine will remain transparent,too.

Anyways,now I´ve got the complete sheet of the first ICI level (the game is "Kirby : Nightmare in Dreamland") :

[Image: knidicecreamisland1.th.png]

Here´s the icon:

[Image: knidicecreamisland1icon.png]

Do you guys like it ? Cute
I would suggest that you rip the water movement separately to the rest of the stage, so you're not pasting the entire stage 3/4 times, and it gives people who want to use it in a practical sense fewer animation and collision issues.
(08-30-2009, 09:46 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest that you rip the water movement separately to the rest of the stage, so you're not pasting the entire stage 3/4 times, and it gives people who want to use it in a practical sense fewer animation and collision issues.

If it´s really that necessary I could do that when I finished the whole 2nd world. But I hope it is not urgently needed.(looks like a lot of work)
Well it wouldn't be too hard to achieve, what with this being a GBA game - VBA can separate games out onto different sprites layers, and I'd wager 10-to-1 that the water animation's on a different layer to the stage itself.
(08-30-2009, 12:04 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Well it wouldn't be too hard to achieve, what with this being a GBA game - VBA can separate games out onto different sprites layers, and I'd wager 10-to-1 that the water animation's on a different layer to the stage itself.

Nope,unfortunately it´s not. But I´ll give it a shot. I just encounter a level with a water animation made with 8 frames. That really would be too much,so I´ll just give it a try.
Update !
I just finished my two next sprite rips of the game and this time including seperately ripped water animation. I had no time to update my first sheet,but I´ll (hopefully) do it someday.

[Image: knidicecreamisland2icon.png]

[Image: knidicecreamisland3icon.png]

There is more to come soon !
Fantastic work! Big Grin
Actually it was supposed to be uploaded yesterday,but well,yeah. There goes the last two level foregrounds of the second world:

[Image: knidicecreamisland4icon.png]

[Image: knidicecreamisland5icon.png]

The 4th area in lvl 5 was the HELL !
The map tiles were positioned absolutely chaotic and I had to check always if I set the tiles like they were ingame...
Good thing I finally did it and I have some foreground material for my series now.
But I guess I will keep on ripping the foregrounds of the game,maybe all other worlds... Cute
Nice one Smile