The VG Resource

Full Version: The Oregon Trail (PC) Sprite Sheets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am working on my first sprite sheets and am hoping that the more experienced members here could look at what I have done and give me some (constructive) criticism.

I have more Oregon Trail sheets to come but I wanted to post this first to get everyone's thoughts/comments.

This first sheet is of the more detailed stops along the Oregon Trail. The image is, clearly, very large. Should I leave it the size that it is or should I break it apart more? If I should break it apart more, how many sheets should I make it into?

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7066/...ations.gif

EDIT: I finished a second sheet with the majority of the Miscellaneous sprites from the game (the wagon, backgrounds, etc). Let me know your thoughts/advice.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1224/th...ilmisc.gif

There's just one more sheet to make of the hunting sprites.
The size shouldn't be a problem if that's how they look in-game.
As for the sheet size, there's never a problem with big sheets as long as it has all the necessary content.
(08-27-2009, 10:56 PM)Tyvon Wrote: [ -> ]The size shouldn't be a problem if that's how they look in-game.
As for the sheet size, there's never a problem with big sheets as long as it has all the necessary content.
That sounds great. Thanks for the quick response.
They're pretty big, Tyvon. Did you zoom in 100%?
Good rips. This game made me think everyone in the world was dying of dysentery.
This uh must have been a real old version of the game. The one I remember playing in elementary school had like people dressed in outfits and stuff as well as bad VAs putting on horrible Indian accents telling me "No!" everytime I wanted to buy their damn animals.

Of course, I only played it to go hunting. Cute
(08-28-2009, 01:01 PM)KoA Wrote: [ -> ]This uh must have been a real old version of the game. The one I remember playing in elementary school had like people dressed in outfits and stuff as well as bad VAs putting on horrible Indian accents telling me "No!" everytime I wanted to buy their damn animals.

Of course, I only played it to go hunting. Cute
Yeah, I remember playing this one in 5th grade on the old Commodore 64 computers. This game had those huge discs. My wife remembered playing the newer versions but she had never played this one before either.
This is the version I grew up with.

And yes, the sheet is pretty huge. Try shrinking it to 50%.

EDIT: Hmm, maybe not. It's not perfectly magnified.
I just added a second sheet. Let me know what you think of the second.