The VG Resource

Full Version: KH2 health bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: khealthbar.png]

i got the idea to do this while i was playing kingdom hearts 2 a few days ago soooo here it is ^^^
I don't think so. You used the circle tool to draw the curve to the health bar, and it looks blocky and unfinished. The shading lacks contrast and seems pillowy. The numbers aren't of any uniform thickness or style. The use of pure black is jarring and ugly.

It's a good idea, but you need to change a hell of a lot.
(08-26-2009, 02:03 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think so. You used the circle tool to draw the curve to the health bar, and it looks blocky and unfinished. The shading lacks contrast and seems pillowy. The numbers aren't of any uniform thickness or style. The use of pure black is jarring and ugly.

It's a good idea, but you need to change a hell of a lot.

i know it needs a lot of work thats why i posted it first, so i know where to fix it, sorry for it being in the wrong section, and i know this is gonna b a really nooby question but how do u mean its pillowy?
Pillowy refers to pillow shading. Pillow shading is a type of shading most people dislike and try to avoid due to its light source appearing to come from in front of it. While this isn't so bad in 3D stuff, it looks really bad for sprites especially since people who use it tend make it into a gradient and end up having an extremely dark area and an extremely bright area on the sprite very close together. The effect isn't too pleasing to look at usually. While there are times when it is acceptable, this is not one of them.

In the future, try to avoid pillow shading and add more anti-aliasing to your sprites so they don't look quite so blocky.
oooh now i see, ill fix that then, would dithering it make it look better? or should i change the shading all together