The VG Resource

Full Version: Scrap Brain Zone:Act 3,Final Zone,and Misc fun things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay,I take it to heart that most people on these forums hate me,I said I was sorry about the Sonic X-treme sprites.What more do you want?A car?(I will NOT give anyone a car)Here. Take this,I worked on this for a week:[attachment=2762]
So I take it a PS3 is also out of the question?

Well. In that case, not knowing much about Sonic (I grew up on the NES and didn't get an SNES until late in its life [before N64, but after Playstation]). And with what I have seen from your attachment. I guess I'll "want all of them".
Sweet,I'll get to work
That's not 8-Bit. What's more it looks like you used MS Paint Colours.

I'll wait for other member opinions before making judgement.
Well. When we say 8-bit. We mean NES style, right? Because there were other 8-bit machines at the time, right? Like the Master System (I think), and when we mean 8-bit, we really mean 2-bit (with some cheating since there are plenty of ways to cheat the color limit on the NES like Final Fantasy's map sprites using two palettes for the top two and bottom two tiles of a character, or Mega Man's [and others] having parts that are totally blank with one palette and another part that fills in that blank with a different palette, or using three colors to draw your character and use a solid background to fill in the rest through illusion [most NES RPGs for monsters with the Dragon Quest series and Final Fantasy series as prime examples] like Metroid).

Well. The colors I guess can always be replaced with NES palette colors or something.
Yeah, I'm going to stand with Grooveman on this one.
I made these with real master system pallettes,for the master system/game gear version of Sonic the Hedgehog
These are custom/edited,but I tried to make it so it would work on a game gear
remember that a gamgear/master system was more advanced than a nintendo(look at the games!they don't clash,the tiles on the far left don't glitch up
the purple was used from the special stage,the tiles are from green hill,the pillars are edited bridge zone parts and the crushers,and spike platforms are completely custom
Hey,BLEAH!Games here,I put up a custom Marble Zone Master System Style along with a poll asking what you wanted me to do next so here we go.
Final Zone: http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1855/finalzone.png
Scrap Brain Zone Act 3: http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7041/sbzact3.png
Extra Stuff that SHOULD have been in the game(they most likely couldn't have been in the game,but I like them anyway) : http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1897/miscstuff.png
Thread merged. A new thread wasn't warranted.
Ok that's cool
Not bad.
And Game Gear/Master System colors and limits for a Sega character's game? Even better than NES style. There were a few 8-bit systems at the time, some allowing for more colors without cheating than others.
Okay,I have decide not to make the Starlight Zone! My reason for this:
1 Sky base zone is almost identical.
2 Those curves are just too darn hard to make without it being consistent.
3 I have so much stuff to do,I can't squeeze it in.

I hope I didn't disappoint anyone who was expecting this sheet.
Pretty cool. I'm not so good making customs, if anybdy remembers my horrible kirby powers...
Not really,no customs are "GODAWFUL",except ones that you steal.
Coming up: Marble Zone DX

This features some more things that should be in the Marble Zone
Pages: 1 2