The VG Resource

Full Version: Tekken 4 Paul Sprite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This will be something i may start in the next month or so. i know its only one but there will be alot more. Give me some suggestions.

Here is a screenshot:
[Image: paultekken4sprite.jpg]
That's not a sprite, that's just a picture of paul...
Sorry, but sprites are pixel-by-pixel work - not 3D models.
but i made this image with them. i know its not the best but its a start
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8236/paulo.gif
But the thing is, you're not spriting anything. All you're doing is cutting out screenshots of a 3D game, and it looks terrible. I wouldn't bother, personally.
This definitely can't be used in-game. However, I do believe that this could be useful for reference for people who actually wanna sprite it.

Not good by itself, a great idea when combined with an actual spriter. But since as far as I know, nobody's looking to sprite Tekken characters (except maybe me) I agree; it'd be best not to bother.
Personally, I don't think this is useable at -all- since if someone wanted to get visual references to make their own sprites, they could (and should) use the official art instead.
Except if they want to sprite the animations this would be the only kind of thing to get a reference from
In that case, the most practical way would be running the iso and capturing screenshots of the entire sequences.
Not everyone is lucky enough to have a computer that can run PS2 emulation.

And by that, I mean very few people can do that on their own. Especially if they're spriters, because spriters don't need hefty computers.
Good point.
Be that as it may, this doesn't belong here, and I'll have to lock it.

Aside from that, there's a Tekken Advance. A lot of the moves of the popular characters have already been transplanted to sprite form.