The VG Resource

Full Version: How do these sprites look?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These are some sprites of a character I made.
Don't say "They break the rules" because those are the rules of submitting. I'm just asking how they are because I'm going to make a game out of them and I don't want to tarnish my reputation.

[Image: Licorice_sprites.png]

BTW, her name is licorice the cat. She can change into a rocket.
The sprites are bland and stiff. There's no fluidity in the walking animations or fire. I suggest looking at other pixel art for reference or looking online for a tutorial. But I love the concept, and maybe I'd like to play the game.
Looks like a bootleg version of Doraemon.
I made her up 3/4/5 years ago. and no, she's not intended to resemble anyone but a cat I once had.
I know they're not that good, but I don't think they're awful... these would be awful...
[Image: Stupid_sprites.jpg]
It's basically a rigid, walking cone, copied over and over again. Try adding some different poses and giving more flexible stances to it.
It's alright for a beginner. However try editing the body overall, add legs to be able to fully disinguish his movement, but keep them short.
You can't quite tell when's he's jumping so try to look at pictures of Mario, Megaman, and Garfield, when they're jumping, then just copy off that.
Try giving facial expressions and not that generic [Image: 120px-Face_icon_bland.svg.png] face. You could tell what he's doing in the game, but it wouldn't look too good.

P.S. I like the name of the cat.
one thing, they are ok for a beginner and another, dont vote in your own poll asking about how good your sprite is, its not 'exelent' if you think that, you've got alot to learn.
Guys...he used the preset colors for MS Paint... Ouch!