The VG Resource

Full Version: Fire Emblem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Talk about Fire Emblem here. =D What's your favorite one, which have you played, who are your favorite characters, classes, etc.
I'm currently going though Binding Blade. You know, the one with the useless Lord who appeared in a fighting game before his actual game >>

I got some kickass units though. Fir, Alan, Dieck, Linina, Hugh, Gonzalas...just wish Roy was up to snuff.

EDIT: And the new DS one apparenty is taking advantage of Wi-Fi. Sexy.
I've played all of the ones that are in the US right now. I have to say, I'm glad they brought 'em here. It's become one of my favorite series.

Fire Emblem 7
Probably my favorite one. I've gone through this one many times, trying to get a max tactician rating. I still can't get past hard mode, though. o_O

The Sacred Stones
'Twas good. I liked the Tower of Valni, so you could train before a mission. Though, because of this, I found it to be a bit too easy.

Path of Radiance
Graphically awesome. It lacked the combat stats during a battle which was a bit irksome to me. But it was still good.

Radiant Dawn
I thought it was better than PoR. Good character animation, knowing what skill activates when, better inventory system, and Laguz units aren't as worthless. Although it gets to be a bit BS towards the end of it. I've only gone through it once, though. And, from what I've heard, some things change your second play through.

Favorite Class: Swordmaster/Trueblade or Assassin. C'mon, these guys are just pwn on a stick. Their high critical hit rate, as well as the badass animations for them just makes them awesome.

Favorite Characters: They're all pretty awesome. They all have colorful personalities, and everyone can be good if you know how to use them correctly. But if I had to choose a couple...
Karel (FE7), Joshua (SS), Ike & Zihark (Por, RD)
Swordsmasters...well, I've never been a true fan. Joshua was godly as an Assassin, I'll give you that. I prefer strengh over criticals, which is why I like the Mercinary/Hero class moreso than the Swordsmasters.

That and Beserkers. Which are like Swordsmasters fused with Axe weilders.
Ah, I forgot to add Joshua and Jaffar to my favorites.

Swordsmasters/Trueblades and Assassins are my favorite as well.
I absolutely LOVE Fire Emblem 4

And it's cool because I have an English translated version :D

Problem is, though, that the game is at least fifty times harder than the GBA Fire Emblems (units need to be level 20 to rank up, the leader in the first mission is at level 20, etc.)

BUT

I plan on playing through it, finishing it, and then ripping it.
never played any of them.

idk why.
oB2Ko Mario Wrote:I absolutely LOVE Fire Emblem 4

And it's cool because I have an English translated version Big Grin

Problem is, though, that the game is at least fifty times harder than the GBA Fire Emblems (units need to be level 20 to rank up, the leader in the first mission is at level 20, etc.)

BUT

I plan on playing through it, finishing it, and then ripping it.
oB2Ko Mario Wrote:I absolutely LOVE Fire Emblem 4

And it's cool because I have an English translated version Big Grin
oB2Ko Mario Wrote:Fire Emblem 4

because I have an English translated version Big Grin
oB2Ko Mario Wrote:English translated version Big Grin
fdsfasds
Link me with this and you may pick up 200 dollars when you pass go in PM form of course
Yes I too would like an English version of FE4.
Hey

hey

isn't it illegal to pass on ROMs?

Very Sad

but I'll show you some shots to show that I'm not full of crap:
[Image: Imnotfullofcrap.png]

Besides, one of my friends found this for me, so I have no idea where the ROM came from :<
If you did it in a private matter, like through a PM, it doesn't matter. You can't give links on the forums itself though.

But I think I found the patch for it. I'll be trying it out later.

I think this summer I'll be attempting to go though PoR with Ike only. On HARD MODE. It seems easy due to Ike being a god, but when I think about Dragon Laguz, and the ammount of enemies on the last few chapters...I might be going through a fuckload of Swords.

Of course then I forget that you get Ragnell, which has unlimited uses, pretty much completing the game for me. Any good Skillsets for Ike Solo play?
Wrath and Vantage is a good combo, almost as good as Aether.
Played quite all of the US Fire Emblems, and Fire Emblem 3 before I realized the translation I got was pure garbage. My favorite of the group is Radiant Dawn, not only for the characterization, but also considering it has the art in any or most of the Fire Emblems. I also like random nonsensical pairings of characters...I'm not going to suggest any at the moment though. o.o
Well, I honestly enjoyed radiant dawn far more than path of radiance thanks to the animations. Its hard to enjoy playing a game in which you just see Ike walk up to his foe and hit like a girl. Though I hate that they've decided to be retards and still nerf the speed of priests and bishops, or any other light wielder. I kinda enjoyed overpowering foes in FE7 with serra or lucius, and this just blows my mind. (not that they're the best characters that is, since canas is better)

By the way, anyone know how to transfer stats from path of radiance to radiant dawn? I beat both games, but I still have no idea. Some kind of memory card function or something?
Badbatman3 Wrote:By the way, anyone know how to transfer stats from path of radiance to radiant dawn? I beat both games, but I still have no idea. Some kind of memory card function or something?

I'm going to snag a quote from Serenes Forest, one of the best Fire Emblem fan-sites:
Quote:To transfer data, you need a Gamecube memory card with FE9 clear (Epilogue) data. When you start a new FE10 file, the game should prompt you to choose a cleared FE9 file.

Warning: There have been multiple reports of an error with the data transfer, in the NA version. It seems the existence of Easy mode saves is causing the error and removing them should fix the problem. Be sure to think carefully before erasing files though~

Notes

* Character availability in FE10 is unaffected by the transfer. So if a character died or wasn't recruited in FE9, they will still be here.
* The difficulty setting of transferred files has no direct effect on anything.

Base stats

If a character reached the cap for a stat at their final class and at their final level (20), in FE9, they will receive a fixed bonus to that stat in FE10.

* The bonus is +5 for HP and +2 for Strength, Magic, Skill, Speed, Luck, Defence and Resistance.
* Danved receives the bonus for any stat that Devdan capped at his final level (20).
* Calill receives an additional bonus, on top of her own, for any stat that Largo capped at his final level (20).

For example: If Ilyana had maxed Skill and Resistance as a Level 20 Sage in FE9, she will gain +2 Skill and +2 Resistance to her FE10 bases.

An exception is Sothe:

* If Sothe reached Level 20 inFE9, his FE9 stats will be transferred directly to FE10
* If a FE9 stat is lower than a default FE10 stat, the FE10 stat will take precedence.
* Since the Resistance cap is lower in FE10, if his Resistance was 16 to 20 in FE9 it will become 15 in FE10.

Weapon ranks
If a chracter's weapon type, in FE9, reaches a rank from C to S, there will be a Weapon EXP bonus to that weapon type in FE10.

* The bonus is 40 for C, 80 for B, 120 for A and 160 for S.
* If the final weapon rank in FE9 exceeds the FE10 weapon rank cap, it will be set to the FE10 weapon rank cap.

For example, if Ilyana reached S Thunder in FE9, she will get a 160 Weapon EXP bonus in Thunder in FE10, which bumps her rank from C to A.

Supports
Support conversations, unlocked in FE9, can be viewed in a support library once FE10 has been cleared at least once. It seems only support conversations unlocked in a transferred file can be viewed, and only after that file has been cleared (in FE10).

A-level Supports obtained in FE9 become bond supports (with a bonus of +5 Critical and Dodge).

Certain A-level Supports inFE9 may have effects on the story (the only noticable change is with the Ike and Soren support).

Coins

Any Coins collected in FE9 will appear in Ike's convoy at the beginning of Part 3.

Coins aren't for collecting, so don't fret if you sold them the first time. Instead they are used to give random bonuses to forged weapons.
If you bought Radiant Dawn pretty late, than you there will be no error with the Easy transfer. Hopefully the game should notice the Memory Card.
Pages: 1 2