The VG Resource

Full Version: Game Maker 8 is out.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Or at least, the beta is.
http://gm8.yoyogames.com/login_page.php
One of the first things I noticed was that they finally put in support for alpha transparency straight from the image editor which makes putting in nice FX and other transparent images much easier. Linking the mask to the sprite was helpful for sure.

After testing one of my old games I can tell that it loads MUCH faster and I don't get the FPS drop I used too from my poor optimization of the game.

There's a whole bunch of other new features as well and I can honestly say that I like what they've done with it. It already a significantly better upgrade than GM 6 to GM7.
Viper, you do realize this is old news right? The first beta came out earlier this year.

I have the 2nd beta on me, though apparently once they come out with another beta or possibly the final release the games you make won't work, far as I'm hearing [/obvious]
i thought everyone knew about this.
I like when someone bring old news, because I usually don't know about them.
I'll still use gamemaker 6.1a anyways so yeah....
lol, me too
does gm8 output gmk files like gm7?

by the sound of it, gm8 actually sounds worth getting, as long as a new crack is made for it and I don't have to risk using that virus dr xj crap
it sounds like gm6, gm7, and gm8 are following windows with the whole xp, vista, and 7 thing
great, bad, great
ugh i hate that gmk deal anyways. get's annoying because I dont want to register a copy of that.... It's all just because mark got all butthurt over people breaking his code with the G-java community rising up and such...
There is a gmk to gm6 converter, in case you didn't know.
I made a tutorial vid about it on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFlvNt9yp...annel_page
the source is still encrypted though.
the what, now?
everything seems to show up fine for me.
the delphi source for the gmk file is encrypted, that's what I'm getting at.
oh