The VG Resource

Full Version: Some new sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I admit I haven't sprited as much as I could've, but it's not like anyone noticed I was gone. Anyways, guess I might as well post the stuff I've made in the last month or so. The Mario Kart icons are a bit older than that, but I don't think I've posted them here before.

While I won't probably go back to edit these, if you've any critique to give I should take into consideration making any new sprites, feel free to tell me.

Yeah some are 1x and some 2x scale, try ignoring that. Thanks.

Animated Mario Kart Cup icons
[Image: mitemmushroom.gif] [Image: mitemfireflower.gif] [Image: mitemstar.gif] [Image: mitemcrown.gif]
[Image: mitemkoopashell.gif] [Image: mitembananapeel.gif] [Image: mitemsuperleaf.gif] [Image: mitemthunderbolt.gif]

Non-animated
[Image: marioitemshires.png]

Some Pokémon
[Image: squishysudowoodo.gif] [Image: squishymagikarp.gif] [Image: squishycombee.gif] [Image: squishygulpin.gif]
[Image: celebithing.gif] [Image: treeckothing.gif] [Image: deoxysthing.gif]

That mosquito-bee guy from Rayman
[Image: moskitoanim.gif]

And the last one, a Map-series Chomp
[Image: mapchomp.gif]
I love Deoxys, Celebi and Treeko.
Everything else is great too.
I like the mosquito dude, I can't remember his name though. Everything looks pretty good Smile
Sudwoodo (or however you spell it) and Gulpin look great.
I love everything, wow. Where do I start?

Well, erm, they're all good, but one thing I noticed is you have a thing for bobbing animations. All the animations are going up and down. They're executed nicely, but it might get old.

Also, in the first and second row of sprites, I see you resized them so it'd be more bouncy. Which is good, except, you I suggest you clean up the resized frames, to make it even smoother.

On the chain chomp, the eyes don't look like they exist, but that they are just painted on. When the head moves up, you should make the eyes mounds, so they'd look like actual eyes. His shape shouldn't be ALWAYS completely spherical either, since he's opening his mouth, right? Imagine a pokeball opening up; it doesn't stay completely spherical. Smile

That Magikarp and Gulpin needs cleaning up, similar to my first comment. I love those the best, btw.

Great job! Keep it up, hope to see more. :>
(08-18-2009, 11:33 AM)Kilgore Trout Wrote: [ -> ]Well, erm, they're all good, but one thing I noticed is you have a thing for bobbing animations. All the animations are going up and down. They're executed nicely, but it might get old.
Yeah probably, but it has become kind of a habit for me by now. I can't help but love bouncy animation.

(08-18-2009, 11:33 AM)Kilgore Trout Wrote: [ -> ]Also, in the first and second row of sprites, I see you resized them so it'd be more bouncy. Which is good, except, you I suggest you clean up the resized frames, to make it even smoother.
I know what you mean, but the "poor" stretching was kind of the point of the animation, to look like what the Gameboy Advance does for most sprite resizing. It's blocky, but has its own charm (at least in my opinion). The gray outline pixels were redrawn for every frame though. I'll see what I can do if I make more bouncy animations, try and see if I can get them to look better.

(08-18-2009, 11:33 AM)Kilgore Trout Wrote: [ -> ]On the chain chomp, the eyes don't look like they exist, but that they are just painted on. When the head moves up, you should make the eyes mounds, so they'd look like actual eyes. His shape shouldn't be ALWAYS completely spherical either, since he's opening his mouth, right? Imagine a pokeball opening up; it doesn't stay completely spherical. Smile
I was actually going for the painted eyes look, since that's how Chomps look in most Mario games. And they're mostly completely spherical. My main inspiration was this Chomp. But I do take that shape thing into consideration most of the time, just not with characters made of steel.

Nevertheless, thank you for your view on these.
The insane amount of AA on the outer edges of the MK icons makes them look really bad.
That's why I keep multiple copies.

[Image: hiresitems.png]
Cutest topic ever?
The shading on the star, is not up to par.
Love the style!
(08-18-2009, 03:46 PM)CeeY Wrote: [ -> ]The shading on the star, is not up to par.
It was the best I could do with the limited amount of shades.

So I heeded your advice, Kilgore Trout, and all the stretched parts in this animation have been smoothened out. It's Pokey.

[Image: mappokey.gif]
Wow, that's really cool.
These are some amazing animations.

I love the bouncy feel of the pokey segments.
not to mention everything else too
you're good at bouncing :0
maybe he's watched too much winnie the pooh, looking at tigger, it's no wonder he likes bouncing if he watches that alot. lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4