The VG Resource

Full Version: Halo 3: ODST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been looking forward to this game

just got the pre-order so woo
I have just one question about ODST:

Does it have recharging health?
(08-17-2009, 12:15 PM)Rai Wrote: [ -> ]I have just one question about ODST:

Does it have recharging health?

From what I understand it does, but you have much less so the health is more like Call of Duty's.
It comes out on my birthday eeeeeeeeeee c:
I'm looking more forward to the new maps for Halo 3 multiplayer than the game itself...
(08-17-2009, 06:28 PM)Alex Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking more forward to the new maps for Halo 3 multiplayer than the game itself...

hooray for Midship

but you know, the Campaign looks awesome, and Firefight looks cool

hey Alex I bet I can find all the skulls before you, bro
GO GO GO
(08-17-2009, 06:28 PM)Alex Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking more forward to the new maps for Halo 3 multiplayer than the game itself...

Really? I thought the Campaign looked pretty amazing. Bungie is taking it in an interesting direction by making it a free-roaming game. Firefight looks pretty sweet as well.

Not to mention that Bungie has already said that ODST comes with an invite to the Halo: Reach beta.
Yeah, the campaign looks decent, but I'm more a multiplayer guy. Excited for the Reach beta too. Hopefully it's not some class based crap.

Midship remake > new campaign.
(08-17-2009, 11:58 PM)Alex Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, the campaign looks decent, but I'm more a multiplayer guy. Excited for the Reach beta too. Hopefully it's not some class based crap.

Midship remake > new campaign.

I couldn't care much for Halo Reach if it's going to be the same damn multiplayer that they've done for years now

Class-based stuff (or perhaps a Kill Zone-esque class mix-and-match) might be the thing that'd make Halo Reach's multiplayer fresh

I mean, Halo 3's still out there and going strong; I doubt that Halo Reach is going to have similar multiplayer

also you and I both know that Bungie bastardized Midship so it just won't be the same
Well, of course it isn't gonna be the same. Different guns. BR isn't as useful, Sword sucks now, etc, but the map still looks pretty damn good.

And I would rather they bring it back to Halo CE gameplay. The pacing in that game was perfect and there was actually a skill gap. I'm still wishing for Halo CE with Xbox Live. XBConnect doesn't cut it, especially with CE's terrible netcode.
(08-18-2009, 09:55 PM)Alex Wrote: [ -> ]Well, of course it isn't gonna be the same. Different guns. BR isn't as useful, Sword sucks now, etc, but the map still looks pretty damn good.

And I would rather they bring it back to Halo CE gameplay. The pacing in that game was perfect and there was actually a skill gap. I'm still wishing for Halo CE with Xbox Live. XBConnect doesn't cut it, especially with CE's terrible netcode.

You tried the PC version? There's supposedly still a community that plays it, but they all use an outside update that you have to get in order to play with them.

And by "different multiplayer", you're still talking about Reach, right?
(08-18-2009, 09:55 PM)Alex Wrote: [ -> ]BR isn't as useful, Sword sucks now.

The BR just has more realistic hit detection and has been made slightly less accurate. It still works much better than many weapons at a range.

As for the Sword its still a one hit kill, but its range has been decreased to the point where you can't run around the map with it out and expect to get a kill which makes since since its rather long range for a melee weapon used to make it incredibly cheap. It still has some use in close quarters, but its no longer godly.

(08-18-2009, 09:55 PM)Alex Wrote: [ -> ]The pacing in that game was perfect and there was actually a skill gap.

Can't say I agree with this. Anyone who's actually earned (not bought) a 50 in matchmaking is very good at the game if they try. I think the fact that the gameplay has changed a bit each sequel not to mention lag from adding an online mode has caused the multiplayer to feel like that at times though.

I'm not really trying to say that its perfect or even better than CE's gameplay, but I enjoy all three games' multiplayers a lot.
are they finally going to turn down the damage with the melee attack or something

i swear to god they should just change the melee button to the "win the game" button
(08-18-2009, 10:24 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]The BR just has more realistic hit detection and has been made slightly less accurate. It still works much better than many weapons at a range.
The netcode stinks. Almost every off host shot drops a bullet in the burst. That in conjunction with the bullet spread makes it aggravating to use the BR even in it's range.

(08-18-2009, 10:24 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]As for the Sword its still a one hit kill, but its range has been decreased to the point where you can't run around the map with it out and expect to get a kill which makes since since its rather long range for a melee weapon used to make it incredibly cheap. It still has some use in close quarters, but its no longer godly.
I know it's a one hit kill. That's not the problem. Neither is the range. It takes ages to switch to. That makes it almost completely worthless to against decent players. If you walk around advertising your sword to everyone, people will stay away. If you don't, people will kill you before you can even lunge. It isn't even a power weapon anymore.

(08-18-2009, 10:24 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't say I agree with this. Anyone who's actually earned (not bought) a 50 in matchmaking is very good at the game if they try. I think the fact that the gameplay has changed a bit each sequel not to mention lag from adding an online mode has caused the multiplayer to feel like that at times though.
I earned my 50, and sure there is a skill gap. I was exaggerating, but it was nothing near Halo CE's. The majority of the time, whoever gets the first shot wins, and whoever has the power weapon also wins. The hitboxes are a lot bigger than Halo CE's. The strafing is a lot less effective in Halo 3. The running speed is slower than Halo CE. The melee has become more powerful and easier to land, not to mention they removed the momentum based melee system. There's a lot of things they did that contribute to the lessened skill gap in Halo 3. There's always gonna be people who are better than you, but in Halo 3, the gap between being bad and being good isn't so big.

(08-18-2009, 10:24 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not really trying to say that its perfect or even better than CE's gameplay, but I enjoy all three games' multiplayers a lot.
I also enjoy the three games' multiplayer. I just prefer Halo CE's flow and gameplay. I don't understand why they changed it so much for the sequels.

Quote:You tried the PC version? There's supposedly still a community that plays it, but they all use an outside update that you have to get in order to play with them.
Yeah, I own it. They didn't really fix any netcode problems in the game, so you experience the same problems in that, albeit less laggy.