The VG Resource

Full Version: "I'm so Awesome, I Suck!"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, yeah, decided to post these here, and get a few opinions on them

[Image: joshconceptsheetme2.png]

Answering a few 'questions' before they come up

Q. Is that Chibi-looking Josh there for a reason?
A. Yes, yes it is, I came up with a concept of a 'Mischief Maker', who has cartoony 'spells' this one's called 'Distraction' which is more or less 'Substitute' from the Pokemon games

Q. Hey, I've seen that run on your Pokemon Trainer Sheets!
A. Well, in a way, yes and no...Yes it's similar, and that's because that was my first successful running animation(didn't skip like my old ones do)...But no, it's not exactly the same, the Perspective's slightly changed, and I upped the shading.

Q. Wait, I don't know what's what...
A. I don't have anything marked yet, but later on in the sheet I'll start to do that, right now it's all basic stuff, so nothing too complex

Q. You sure Sprite yourself a lot, why don't you get back to your Pokemon Sidescroller Project, you have a ton of stuff to do, and it's more important than this!
A. ...................
But seriously, I'm taking a little hiatus from it, so I don't get completely sick of Pokemon...But I will return o it in about a week or so(maybe like June 25th, it all depends)
These look nice! And I love your sidescroller PKMN sheets!
Great job so far.
I like your sheet. While you use an obvious motion blur effect on some of the sword slashes, the swing where the sword fires a laser at the end could probably use a small amount of motion-blurring.

If that particular animation was intended to be slow, then ignore what I just said.
Thanks for the comments everyone!!
Yoder Wrote:I like your sheet. While you use an obvious motion blur effect on some of the sword slashes, the swing where the sword fires a laser at the end could probably use a small amount of motion-blurring.

If that particular animation was intended to be slow, then ignore what I just said.
Well, the animation that you're talking about is actually the Spell 'Blizzard'
not so much firing a laser(I can see how you could mix the two up)
The animation is intended to be slow, but I do agree that maybe motion blur could be used, but in a different part of the animation(aka, the firing of Blizzard COULD have some backfire so it's not completely stationary)
I love it.

The only problem is that on the Running: You need to shift his Direction to the Right.
I like the shading and that sword is really cool looking.
Sword slashes are neat looking, too. Looks awesome.
the third frame in the walk cycle is messed up
You should try a different way of portraying speed besides the smear effect. So many pixel artists seem to use the smear effect. It's great when well done, but a lot of the time it looks flat and tacky. Also, try tilting his head up and down during certain movements, it really gives depth to the character. Other than that, these are okay.