The VG Resource

Full Version: TWEWY custom songs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What you need-
A flashcart, to play the game on, because
a copy of TWEWY on your pc
adxencd.exe
DSLazy / DSTool / DSBuff
WinAMP plugin to find what you're going to overwrite. [winamp.com | google.com] (I had the link here but winamp.com went gay and changed it.)
A .WAV of something you want in the game, overwriting something.

Extract / Unpack the game using which of the three programs you have.
Now, navigate to the Unpacked data and go into \DATA\.
K. First, we have B01.adx, we use winAMP to test it, which we find out is Someday.
We'll put Sho Minimitao mix over it. So, open CMD [Start --> Run, type cmd]
Now, make a folder in C:\ with your .wavs and adxencd.exe . Back to command prompt.
Type cd C:\****** , where ****** is your folder with wavs. Now type adxencd ******.wav , this time ****** is your wavs name. It should convert it somewhat quickly, depending on the length.
NOTE: YOUR SONG NAME CANNOT HAVE SPACES. EXAMPLE: GFAQS Remix Zetta Version.wav WILL NOT WORK. However, RemixZettaVersion.wav will. Now, let's test the output .adx, in WinAMP. If it works fine, Rename it to B01.adx [or whatever you're overwriting] and place it into your data. Use your tool used to unpack to pack it back up again, and test the game out. If it worked, you have custom songs. If not, Try again. =]

Good luck~
Credit goes to ibitemonkeys of gfaqs for figuring out how to do this
gfaqs topic http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessag...c=50937351
why would someone do this
twewy's soundtrack is full of awesome >:
I agree TWEWY's soundtrack soesn't need changing, but I can think of other games where this might be amusing.
i think twewy already had the best video gaming soundtrack ever but i would love to replace someday with a better song not that i don't like that pinkypop lollipop sweet shop candy rock but sho minamimoto deserves experimental/Garage rock like Bled To Be Free (The Operation) from the RX Bandits

i would totally do it but really, im not handy with computer or digital stuff, i even had a hard time instaling my flashcard ( really )