The VG Resource

Full Version: Perspectives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im working on different perspectives for the tophats vs robots game. Coul andyone critisize what I have so far?

Quote:Robotic perspective:

We look out our door, day to day, and we see wasted life, death. What is it like to feel death? Is it necessary? Why is it that they can pass on, and we cannot? Do they wish for death? Why is it natural to those born in this world and not created? Created by those that can pass on, so that their ideas not die with them, we, the robots live.

Created, not born. Thinking, acting, can we be defined as truly alive? Is it because that we are ideas, that we could never truly die? To evolve, upgrade, perfect, is this out destiny? To only get better? Why is it that the robots are unable to live with imperfection, but be able to perceive as organics do?

"Life" isn't the fair. The correct expression to fit this situation. It matters not; we can help them. Perfection is impossible, but to prevent death, to save their lives from suffering and disease, is what we can do. With this technology we bare in our cold hands, we can save them. To turn them into us, to replace them, their bodies. We can and we will.

This ideal, is it possible? Yes. Those who resist will be eliminated. No, deleted. The publics blind eye will look at them, disgusted, naïvely, as the evil existing in their society.

With this, we will keep the project secret, to turn them into us. To help them. To change. To do this, to sacrifice our mind, out well being, ourselves, we will change them.

Top hat perspective:;

Monstrous. Ignorant. Blinded by their false perception, people are being hurt. Such cynical logic does not apply to everyone. When I open my door, I see a world full of life, I see its faults, and such faults against it brighter side could never be weighed, as peoples perspectives will determine the balance. Perfection is impossible, equality is communism, and life is forever.

Death, life, why does it matter? What matters is the future, and what effects the people now. They think they can play god, being created and not born can make it harder for those of opposite eyes, to see the world in the view of those who are happy. Those who are imperfect, those who are free.

These machines are bounded by the questions, the contemplations in which they wish to understand our way of seeing, but they can’t. They cant because all they see is negative. They think in the form of equations, and numbers, that absolutely have to make sense.

I matters not. The public will see us as its enemy. As the evil to be "deleted". But in reality, we will help them, help them make the choice, the choice to choose how to live, and not be dictated by what others find as "better" or "helpful". We will stop the change.

Quote:Sonikku:
All around me are familiar faces. Empty faces. Even the faces of those I haven’t seen before in my life look familiar because I see nothing. Nothing. Individuality no longer exists. It is frowned upon. To be different is to be “weird” or “odd”. I guess that’s what you get when your government is robots.

Life wasn’t always like this. Why has it changed to this? Everyone is huddled together in the crowded streets, and footsteps echo through the cacophony of the city. Nothing except silhouettes of once happy people walk the redundant path of everyday life. The government may not admit it, but the people know, they truly do.

There are those who side with the government, and then there are those who stand against it. All those who have, died. Supposedly. No bodies have turned up…yet. That’s even going under the assumption that they are dead. It doesn’t matter. Not yet. I’ll wait for my opportunity. To see when I have the opportunity to strike back, and then justice will take its course. Until then I’ll walk to the beat of the silhouettes who fill the empty streets.
Bit on the 1984 side of things, but I like what I've read so far. : D
Is this a game that you're creating, as the introduction or something?
Not really. Some parts of it are, its kinda like for when you introduce each character.
Seems pretty cool so far. Keep it up ^.^