The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Smash Bros
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
if you were to have super smash bros brawl of melee witch would it be lets look at the ratings for me

Melee:

* The ultimate sequel to the top-selling Nintendo 64 fighter
* A cast of 14 famous Nintendo characters and 11 hidden fighters for a total of 25 franchise fighters
* All-new single-player mode provides an old-school side-scrolling adventure
* Classic arena-by-arena single-player mode
* Hidden single-player mode for Smash fanatics
* Unique new Event Match mode lets players fight in objective-based situations
* Stadium mode includes Target Test, Home-Run Contest, and Multi-man Melee
* Practice combos and explore the items list in Training mode
* Fighting engine allows for all-out four-player mayhem on the same screen
* Versus mode features is filled to the brim with options and special features
* Fight in 18 available arenas and unlock a plethora of secret arenas
* Special Melee mode allows for Giant-size Melees, Slo-motion melees, and much more
* Slick graphics engine displays high-polygon characters at 60 frames per second
* Stunning audio includes orchestrated tracks of your favorite Nintendo classics and other high-quality beats
* New tournament mode lets you custom create your own SSB playoffs with friends
* Enter your name and keep track of how many times you've KO'ed friends and foes
* An uncountable amount of statistics tracks Vs. records, bonus records, and many more
* Buy trophies of classic Nintendo characters and items including The Ocarina of Time, Pit, and Excitebike for a total of nearly 300 trophies
* Take snapshots of matches in Camera Mode and save your favorites to memory card
* Records archive keeps track of exactly what time and date you unlocked secrets
* Progressive scan mode for HDTV users
* Deflicker switch lets you choose the more crisp aliased look or a softer anti-aliased display
* One to four players

Brawl

* Relatively lag-free online multiplayer
* The ability to share game replays, screenshots, and custom levels with friends
* A massive yet surprisingly balanced character roster
* Tons of ways to customize your matches
* A lengthy single-player adventure mode.
* Some of the platforming stages in Subspace Emissary could have been done without
* Custom levels can't be used in online matches.

Rate the games

Melee is better
lolbias. A lot of things that Melee has, Brawl also offers, and potentially does it better.

Tempted to lock this to prevent shitstorms...
Yeah, pretty much everything you said for Melee can be said about Brawl. You also neglected to mention any of the problems with Melee, so your comparison is pretty biased. Blank
PinkPanther143 Wrote:* Relatively lag-free online multiplayer

Um, I'm not sure what game you're talking about. With friends, yes. With anyone, you can go for a snack between frames.

But still, Brawl > Melee, even though I was kinda disappointed with it. I would have liked SSE to have enemies from the games, not the crap they came up with.
Brawl had the potential for SO much more.

But it didn't live up to it :<

I mean, I can name several characters off the top of my head who deserved to be in Brawl, but never got in.

And they could have done more with the trophies.

And they DEFINITELY could have done a better online mode. You know, by making it actually lagless, and at LEAST letting you know who you're facing in the matchmaking. Also, they needed to have stock matches in the matchmaking :<
Pigyman Wrote:
PinkPanther143 Wrote:* Relatively lag-free online multiplayer

Um, I'm not sure what game you're talking about. With friends, yes. With anyone, you can go for a snack between frames.

Hah. True story.
Although it depends on whoever's connection sucks. If one person in the match has a bad connection, everyone suffers from it.

I liked Brawl, but not quite as much as Melee. It may be the fact that I haven't had as much time with Brawl, but I dunno.

The combat in Brawl seemed a bit dumbed down. The mid-air dodging change had me struggling for a bit, but I got used to it. The main complaint I have about it is the frickin' tripping. Why? I heard it was to remove wavedashing, but since they changed the mid-air dodge anyway, why?

Both have their flaws, as well as advantages over the other. Overall, though, I like both about equally.
Wow, that's a huge misrepresentation. Comparing the pros and cons the way you did (only with both sides portrayed fairly) Brawl would seem to have more and expanded features. Both have their upsides and downsides, so it's really left up to opinion.

I happen to like SSE.
Now I can see how PinkPanther143 got -5 rep. XD
AND WITH MY MODHAMMAR, I SMITE THEE POLL!

Seriously, polls are pointless, worthless, meaningless because you know why? Because anybody who votes in a poll is likely to explain why, because people can't keep their opinions to themselves. And as such, I continue to crush the more meaningless ones.

Furthermore, closing topic due to redundancy : we already have a Super Smash Brothers topic. Air your grievences there, Pink.