The VG Resource

Full Version: Machoke Super Punch Out! style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Entry_to_Echorus_contest____by_tiguidou.png]

It's my first sprite edit ever, so don't give bad comments, but ideas for me to improve plz

Example: it's good, but maybe...
hmmmm, his belt seems a little to high, and his head has an odd shape. maybe try to make the head a bit bigger?
For the head,yeah a little bit larger could be great but for the belt :
[Image: 67.png]

Machoke wears his belt really high Tongue

So I think the belt is fine Tongue
[Image: Entry_to_Echorus_contest____by_tiguidou.png]

So, is the head big enough now?
You are good at shading and many of the basic stufff except you have a few errors. Try making a longer chin, and make his legs fatter. Also in the left hand remove the Machoke's scars, since he has them on the top of the arm and not the bottom. From the waist down it looks weird since his legs seem to look like he's standing forward and not like he's twisting so fix that somehow or make his legs face a little bit to the right. Try to fix his left arm area, and try to make Machoke his own way other then have him have every detail of the sprite. Nice sprite and good luck!!
You have multiple lightsources, and your shading needs a lot of work. Your colors could use less saturation, and the lineart is extremely jagged. You need to rethink your anatomy as well. Don't just edit off Masked Muscle.
(08-11-2009, 05:08 PM)$uperLugia95 Wrote: [ -> ]You are good at shading and many of the basic stufff except you have a few errors. Try making a longer chin, and make his legs fatter. Also in the left hand remove the Machoke's scars, since he has them on the top of the arm and not the bottom. From the waist down it looks weird since his legs seem to look like he's standing forward and not like he's twisting so fix that somehow or make his legs face a little bit to the right. Try to fix his left arm area, and try to make Machoke his own way other then have him have every detail of the sprite. Nice sprite and good luck!!

okay, so:

1. for the scars, he has all around his arm, look:
http://www.pokebip.com/pokemon/pokedex/i...ori/67.png http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/1204...achoke.gif
2. hmm... for the belt I don't know, cause if you look at masked muscle, he's twisting his body... I could try anyway...
3. For the chin, I will make it longer...
4. Legs fatter... I don't know... Could try Wink

Thank you dude, it's that kind of comment i like ('cause i had another version of it and the first comment i recieved was: hahaha! the face made me laugh! it's the worst sprite i've ever seen...)
(08-11-2009, 06:23 PM)tiguidou Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you dude, it's that kind of comment i like ('cause i had another version of it and the first comment i recieved was: hahaha! the face made me laugh! it's the worst sprite i've ever seen...)
Are you talking about me? Because I never said anything like that. :I
(08-11-2009, 06:23 PM)tiguidou Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2009, 05:08 PM)$uperLugia95 Wrote: [ -> ]You are good at shading and many of the basic stufff except you have a few errors. Try making a longer chin, and make his legs fatter. Also in the left hand remove the Machoke's scars, since he has them on the top of the arm and not the bottom. From the waist down it looks weird since his legs seem to look like he's standing forward and not like he's twisting so fix that somehow or make his legs face a little bit to the right. Try to fix his left arm area, and try to make Machoke his own way other then have him have every detail of the sprite. Nice sprite and good luck!!

okay, so:

1. for the scars, he has all around his arm, look:
http://www.pokebip.com/pokemon/pokedex/i...ori/67.png http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/1204...achoke.gif
2. hmm... for the belt I don't know, cause if you look at masked muscle, he's twisting his body... I could try anyway...
3. For the chin, I will make it longer...
4. Legs fatter... I don't know... Could try Wink

Thank you dude, it's that kind of comment i like ('cause i had another version of it and the first comment i recieved was: hahaha! the face made me laugh! it's the worst sprite i've ever seen...)

You're welcome man good luck. Also like the guy before me said try and make your own poses and not just edit directly from the Masked Muscle.
(08-11-2009, 06:40 PM)Devicho Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2009, 06:23 PM)tiguidou Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you dude, it's that kind of comment i like ('cause i had another version of it and the first comment i recieved was: hahaha! the face made me laugh! it's the worst sprite i've ever seen...)
Are you talking about me? Because I never said anything like that. :I

Nope, I'm not talking about you, don't worry, I'm talking about "tyvon"...
(08-11-2009, 07:20 PM)tiguidou Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, I'm not talking about you, don't worry, I'm talking about "tyvon"...

Oh, yes.
Tyvon.
He causes trouble around these parts, we've been trying to catch him in the act for months, he's very quick.
Tyvon never said it was the worst sprite he'd ever seen, he said he laughed at the face. Way to take a comment the bad way. The old face made me lol too but regardless this is just a cheap ripoff of the original sprite. Would be better if you made an original pose in the style.
I sooooooooo did not say that it was the worst sprite ever. : |

I just said the face made me laugh, which is true, because it looked silly, not because it was "bad."