The VG Resource

Full Version: custom dude: c+c needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
okay, so I randomly thought up this guy and drew him on paint and this happened. And i'm trying to experiment with different styles, and i came up with four similar ways to draw him. which one looks the best? I think D is. And if so, can you give me any tips to look better? Thank you in advance Big Grin
[Image: opkay.png]
and yes, i called him prince hoogle, but i dont know why...
hey, that's cool

I also think that C is better, because the outline type fits with the cartoony style you've used.
Well, personnaly, I think A is your best one.

I like the way that the "no-outline" makes it more 3D Smile

And for any tips, the only things that annoys me are these little white pixel on the top of his head and of his cape,
Try to make them a little bit darker Wink

I like your character, good job Wink
fixed those 2 colors a bit, and took B out because it just looks bad to me Sick

[Image: opkay2.png]
Yeah, great job on the A,

It looks more better now ^^

I don't have much more to say, keep your good work Smile
i made a second character, and i might eventually try to make a game out of all this.

anyway, i made this character that i named charles, the owner of the caviare castle. he looks a bit off to me, though...
[Image: opkaycharles.png]
suggestions?
Well, I think his head is kinda pale for his mustache, i can hardly difference one and each other
Add contrast a bit!

And he has no shoes... It's like if his pants were his shoes!

But I think it would make a good mayor, if your search him a role to do in a game Tongue

And still think that A his the best shot of these
okay, ill work on it.
better?

[Image: opkaycharles2.png]

And yes, his pants are supposed to be like that...

i might think about changing it, though...
I also think that his mustache is a bit too pale, it almost blends with his face.
I don't know why, but so far I'm enjoying the "C" much more (the thick outlines)
i do too, but i'm going to keep the other ones up, and if I think of new characters, ill put up A, C, and D.

By what you said, did you mean that I should make the moustache darker?
Or darker or much lighter. Because at least in my screen is hard to see it clearly.
okay, i'll make it lighter.
I ended up making it darker, but I think that looks better

[Image: opkaycharles3.png]
On both of them, C is my favorite.

I think the thick outline looks good in the style you're spriting. =D
Much better now.