The VG Resource

Full Version: Good Free Animation Programs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im getting kinda desperate looking for a good (not GIF maker) animation program similar to what ever this guy is using in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nZo1VbCoME
Anyone know of any?
nvm, found one, and it looks almost identical to the one in the vid. now I wish I had a Cintiq.. though my bamboo should suffice.
http://www.pencil-animation.org/
I use GIMP to animate. It's pretty efficient.
I think he's using Flash in that video.
I jsut skimmed through with no sound, so that was my first impression, but that's what I use.
I animate my gifs with Adobe ImageReady, I have also animated things with Flash. I find both get the job done.
It's Macromedia Flash for sure.
I want a tablet.
I use GraphicsGale :F
(08-08-2009, 07:33 PM)moz Wrote: [ -> ]Im getting kinda desperate looking for a good (not GIF maker) animation program
^^^
I couldn't tell if he meant not pixel art or not, "not GIF maker" makes me think he's talking about a program CALLED GIF maker.

and I didn't watch the video.
Oh, that would have helped a lot lol, I meant non pixel. But I'm ok now, I have Pencil (which is actually really useful, though it doesn't export as movies in the Windows version, which stinks )
Plastic-animation has a free version, but lacks Zoom, which pretty much makes it a 'don't even bother with it'.
Try using MSpaint. I hear it works wonders.
I use Graphicsgale for spriting, GIMP for normal art.
I highly highly reccomend using Pencil-Animation. It has everything you would really need when animating (aside from exporting as Movie files, though I'm ok with that since I didn't know DA accepted SWF files.)
This is something I made using the program (Dunno why its pixellated, still a WIP) I'm in the process of inking it, just began coloring the first frame.

And theres an option to make the entire window transparent, which makes rotoscoping amazingly easy. Love this program.
Like I said on dA, it looks really nice, moz Smile
easytoon
Even though it kinda sucks, I use animation shop 3.

I should get GIMP, I never bothered to learn it when I first got it so I got rid of it.